Recognized since 2005
New Orleans, Louisiana
Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
Mergers and Acquisitions Law
Real Estate Law
Securities / Capital Markets Law
Venture Capital Law
Contact & Links
- 909 Poydras Street, Suite 3150
New Orleans, LA 70112-4042
- Tulane University, J.D., graduated 1984
- Louisiana, Louisiana State Bar Association
- American Bar Association Committee on Mergers and Acquisitions - Member
- Association for Corporate Growth, Louisiana Chapter - Past President
- Louisiana State Bar Association Section on Corporate and Business Law - Member
- Louisiana Supreme Court Committee on Bar Admissions - Past Chair
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law, New Orleans (2022)
- Venture Capital Law, New Orleans (2020)
- Corporate Law, New Orleans (2017)
- Venture Capital Law, New Orleans (2014)
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law, New Orleans (2013)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Venture Capital Law
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- Corporate Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Securities / Capital Markets Law
- Real Estate Law
- Cannabis Law
- The Best Lawyers in America named him "Lawyer of the Year" in New Orleans for Venture Capital Law in 2014 and Mergers & Acquisitions Law in 2013.
- He has previously been recognized in the fields of Corporate Law, Securities Law, Venture Capital Law and Real Estate Law.
- He has also been named in the field of Corporate Law/Mergers and Acquisitions to Chambers U.S.A., Who's Who Legal - The International Who's Who of Merger & Acquisitions Lawyers, and Louisiana Super Lawyers.
- Mr. Whittaker is the 2011 recipient of the Louisiana State Bar Association President's Award. In 2014 he received the Stephen T. Victory Memorial Award from the Louisiana State Bar Association.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.