Recognized since 2021
Washington, District of Columbia
Scott M. Dinner is a litigator who represents businesses in commercial disputes and antitrust matters. He has first chaired trials, evidentiary hearings, and non-evidentiary hearings and litigated class actions and other complex claims.
What do you focus on?
I focus on litigating business disputes such as business conspiracy, trade secret, misappropriation, breach of fiduciary duty, and other unfair business practices. I also handle disputes involving contract claims, including non-compete agreements, shareholder agreements, and LLC operating agreements. In addition, I represent minority and majority owners in ownership disputes and cases involving shareholder oppression and minority squeeze-out claims.
In my antitrust practice, I assist clients in navigating a range of complex antitrust regulations and laws. While I have significant experience handling antitrust litigation matters, I also provide an array of counseling and advisory services to my clients. This includes developing and implementing antitrust compliance and training programs, conducting audits to uncover potential exposure, and working with clients to implement effective sales and distribution strategies, including minimum resale price requirements and customer or territorial resale restrictions. I also have intimate familiarity with the reach of the federal Capper-Volstead Act antitrust exemption and state analogue exemptions, and assist agricultural cooperatives and associations in ensuring that they fall within the scope of these exemptions.
I ensure matters run smoothly by conducting in-depth legal research and providing analysis, reviewing discovery, drafting pre-trial motions to trials, post-trials and appeals, and assisting expert economic witnesses in drafting expert reports and in preparing to testify at hearing.
Contact & Links
- 799 Ninth Street, NW, Suite 500
Washington, DC 20001-5327
- Emory University Oxford College, B.A.
- University of Virginia , J.D.
- Virginia, Virginia Bar Association
- District of Columbia, District of Columbia Bar Association
- Maryland, Maryland Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, District of the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Virginia
- United States Court of Appeals
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- United States Supreme Court
Recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America 2023 for work in:
- Antitrust Law
- Commercial Litigation
- 2019 Virginia State Elite—Young Lawyer, Virginia Business
- 2021 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch
- 2020 & 2019 Super Lawyers: Rising Star—Business Litigation, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.