Recognized since 2008
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Scott C. Krist is a personal injury and maritime accident lawyer in Houston, TX. He is the owner and lead trial lawyer at The Krist Law Firm, P.C. With 25 years of experience, Scott Krist has handled an array of cases - from wrongful death to personal injury cases involving maritime, commercial trucking, car accidents and other serious injuries. He uses his strong sense of hard work, dedication to his clients, and passion in each and every case. Within his 25 years of experience, Scott has a proven track record of success for his Texas clients, as he obtained the largest personal injury recovery within Texas for 2011 and also the largest commercial trucking verdict in Texas in 2014.
Scott frequently assists clients with the following cases:
Contact & Links
- 17100 El Camino Real
Houston, TX 77058
- Texas, State Bar of Texas, 1991
- American Association for Justice - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- Galveston County Bar Association - Member
- Houston Bar Association - Member
- Houston Trial Lawyers Asociation - Member
- Texas Center for Legal Ethics & Professionalism - Member
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association 1991-present - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Litigator Award - Trial Lawyers Board of Regents 2014
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Texas - American Trial Lawyers Association 2007-2014
- Best Lawyers in America - Best Lawyers 2008-2014
- Top Verdicts and Settlements - Texas Lawyer Magazine 2011-2014
- Top Lawyers in Houston - Houstonia Magazine 2014
- AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5 Peer Review Rated - Martindale-Hubbel 2014
- Texas Super Lawyers - Texas Monthly Magazine 2004-2014
- Top 500 Leading Plaintiff's Lawyers in America - Law Dragon Magazine 2011
- The Best Lawyers in Houston - H Texas Magazine 2005-2010
- Best Lawyers in Texas - A.L.M/The Best Lawyers 2008-2010
- Rising Star - Texas Monthly Magazine 2004
$15,120,000 RECOVERY FOR LINEMAN STRUCK BY STEEL CABLE -Our client suffered a traumatic brain injury resulting in cognitive deficiencies that will forever impact his memory and concentration skills. The Krist Law Firm alleged that the company failed to properly inspect the steel cables prior to use. In the weeks leading up to this incident, another cable had failed. Prior to trial, an agreement was reached and our client saw a successful recovery of $15,120,000.
VERDICT OF $6,028,000 AWARDED AFTER MOTORCYCLE AND TRACTOR TRAILER COLLISION RESULTS IN BELOW-THE-KNEE AMPUTATION -Scott Krist represented a 30-year-old man who was was driving his motorcycle south on Highway 16 in Harris County with his 9-year-old daughter when they were involved in a horrible collision with a tractor trailer. The father and daughter were traveling in the left lane of a two-lane highway, attempting to pass the tractor trailer who was driving in the right lane. Without properly looking before switching lanes, the tractor trailer struck our clients as he moved over to the left lane.
Both the father and his daughter were injured - the father required a below-the-knee amputation. Under a jury verdict, The Krist Law Firm obtained a jury verdict with the total damages of $6,028,000. Our client saw a recovery amount of $5,057,302.82
$4,000,000 RECOVERY IN HOUSTON PREMISE LIABILITY CASE -A Houston resident fell down a flight of stairs in his apartment complex and became paralyzed as a result of the fall. A further investigation into the case revealed a metal stairway stringer about a quarter of an inch above the floor, no railing on one side and only one working light in the stairwell. All factors, our client said, the landlords were previously aware of, yet failed to take into consideration and repair.With a strong argument, Scott and his team successfully recovered $4,000,000 for their client in this premise liability case.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.