Recognized since 2017
Community Association Law
Scott Carpenter focuses primarily on general counsel, corporate and transactional matters, complex litigation, business advice, transactions, employment issues and conflict resolution and avoidance for condominiums, homeowners associations, planned community associations, cooperatives, churches and other nonprofit clients. As the author of Community Association Law in Arizona, published by the State Bar of Arizona, Scott is highly regarded on community association matters. He is a frequent contributor to continuing legal education courses on the topic of mandatory-membership community associations.
Scott is a member of the Community Associations Institute’s National Faculty and has the distinguished honor of membership in the Community Associations Institutes College of Community Association Lawyers and served as its President in 2013.
Scott enjoys riding motorcycles, running & skiing. He has one daughter that graduated from Wheaton College in Illinois, another at Biola University in La Mirada, California and a daughter in high school. Scott, his wife, and his youngest daughter are members of their local church where Scott works with 5th and 6th graders.
Contact & Links
- 1400 East Southern Avenue, Suite 400
Tempe, AZ 85282-5693
- Wheaton College, B.A. Political Science, graduated 1991
- Arizona, 1994
- Texas, 1994
- Colorado, 2010
- Utah, 2010
- Oregon, 2010
- Arizona Legislative Action Committee, Community Associations Institute - Past Co-Chair
- Central Arizona Chapter of the Community Associations Institute - Past President
- College of Community Association Lawyers - Past President Board of Governors
- Community Associations Institute’s National Faculty - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Community Association Law
- 2004 recipient of the national Award of Excellence in Government and Public Affairs from Community Associations Institute.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.