Scott A. Elder
Recognized in:Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants
Law School:Vanderbilt University
Location:One Atlantic Center, Suite 49001201 West Peachtree StreetAtlanta, GA 30309-3424
- Duke University, BA
- Vanderbilt University, J.D.
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants
- Represented a manufacturer of over-the-counter medication in FTC inquiry related to advertising. The FTC concluded the investigation without requiring any corrective action.
- Counsel to a leading over-the-counter drug manufacturer in multiple challenges before the National Advertising Division of the Better Business Bureau.
- National counsel to an international mining corporation in asbestos and silica mass tort litigation in multiple jurisdictions around the country.
- Counsel to a leading automobile manufacturer in claims arising from allegedly defective airbags.
- Represented a national restaurant chain in purported class action in California alleging false advertising to children. The court dismissed all claims at the motion to dismiss stage.
- National counsel to one of the nation’s largest wireless phone service providers in litigation alleging adverse health effects from the use of wireless phones.
- Counsel to a leading maker of vitamin supplements in a purported nationwide class action pending in California alleging consumer fraud and false advertising. The court denied plaintiffs’ motion to certify the class.
- Counsel to a Fortune 50 computer company in a purported nationwide consumer class action pending in New York alleging the sale of defective computers. Court granted summary judgment to our client.
- Obtained the dismissal of consumer class actions in New Jersey and Illinois alleging that a large restaurant chain violated state consumer protection laws.
- National science counsel to a pharmaceutical company in multidistrict litigation involving 6,000 plaintiffs and associated state court cases. Obtained favorable scientific evidence rulings leading to the exclusion of opinions from six of the plaintiff's expert witnesses in three different jurisdictions.
- Coordinating counsel for a pharmaceutical company in cases alleging death caused by narcotic medication.
- Counsel to an international beverage company in class actions involving alleged false advertising and exposure to benzene in soft drinks.
- Science counsel to a large petroleum corporation in a successful challenge to the plaintiffs’ expert witness in a suit alleging that plaintiffs developed cancer from exposure to ionizing radiation.
- Counsel to a Fortune 50 computer company in purported nationwide class action pending in New York challenging billing and collection practices. Following discovery, Plaintiff agreed to dismiss all class-related claims and case resolved with favorable settlement of named plaintiff’s claim.
Level 20 Bastion Tower
Five Place du Champ De Mars
32 2 550 3700
West Wing, Suite 21B2
No. 7 Guanghua Road
86 10 8592 7500
1950 University Avenue, Fifth Floor
East Palo Alto, CA 94303-2282
333 South Hope Street, 16th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90071-3004
560 Mission Street, Suite 2100
San Francisco, CA 94105-0912
District of Columbia
District of Columbia
The Atlantic Building
950 F Street, NW
Washington, DC 20004-1404
90 Park Avenue, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10016-1387
Bank of America Plaza, Suite 4000
101 South Tryon Street
Charlotte, NC 28280-4000
4721 Emperor Boulevard, Suite 400
Durham, NC 27703-8580
2828 North Harwood Street, 18th Floor
Dallas, TX 75201-2139