Sarah R. London
Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP
Recognized since 2018
San Francisco, California
Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Plaintiffs
A partner in Lieff Cabraser’s San Francisco office, Sarah R. London is a determined, skilled, and experienced advocate for the injured, employees, and consumers.
In February of 2020, Sarah was appointed to the Plaintiffs’ Executive Committee in the Gilead HIV Drug Kidney & Bone Injuries Litigation. In December of 2019, she was appointed to serve as Co-Lead Counsel and Liaison Counsel for plaintiffs in the nationwide multidistrict Juul e-cigarette fraud and injury litigation. In September of 2019, Sarah was appointed by Judge Judith E. Levy to serve as Subclass Settlement Counsel in In re Flint Water Cases, the federal class action lawsuit seeking justice for the over 100,000 residents of Flint, Michigan who were exposed to seriously elevated levels of lead as a result of insufficient water treatment.
Sarah also serves in lead roles in women’s health cases, including work as court-appointed Liaison Counsel and Interim Class Counsel in the federal class action filed on behalf of families in May 2018 against San Francisco’s Pacific Fertility Center over the Center’s March 2018 allegedly negligent destruction of hundreds of frozen eggs and embryos as a result of a leak in a cryogenic storage tank. Sarah also served in a leadership role in successful litigation recovering millions of dollars on behalf of women who suffered serious injuries due to complications from allegedly defective trans-vaginal surgical mesh.
Sarah has been directly involved in several recent California environmental disaster cases, including litigation against Plains All American Pipeline arising out of the 2015 oil spill in Santa Barbara, and two important class action cases on behalf of homeowners and businesses that suffered economic injuries in the wake of the massive Porter Ranch gas leak, which began in October of 2015 and lasted into February of 2016.A Super Lawyers Rising Star for eight consecutive years and 2015 finalist for the Consumer Attorneys of California Streetfighter of the Year Award, Sarah has held multiple leadership positions in CAOC, including her current position on the Board of Directors. In September 2019, Sarah was appointed Chair of the Resource Board of the National Association of Women Judges.
Contact & Links
- 275 Battery Street, 29th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94111
- University of California Berkeley, J.D., graduated 2009
- Northwestern University, B.A. (Cum Laude), graduated 2002
- California, 2009
- American Association for Justice - Executive Committee Member, Section on Toxic, Environmental, and Pharmaceutical Torts, 2016
- Consumer Attorneys of California - Executive Committee Member, Parliamentarian, 2023; Board of Directors, 2012-2013; 2018-present
- Consumer Attorneys of California, - Leadership Academy, 2017
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association - Member
- State Bar of California - Member
- The Bar Association of San Francisco - Member
- YWCA of San Francisco and Marin - Board of Directors
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2012
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2009
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 2009
28 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
6 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Plaintiffs
- Selected for inclusion by peers in The Best Lawyers in America in the fields of “Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions - Plaintiffs,” 2017-2023
- “Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers in America,” Lawdragon, 2022, 2023
- “Leading Commercial Litigators,” Daily Journal, 2023
- “Super Lawyer for Northern California,” Super Lawyers, 2020-2022
- “Top Women Lawyers in California,” Daily Journal, 2021, 2022
- "Rising Star for Northern California," Super Lawyers, 2012 - 2019
- "40 and Under Hot List," Benchmark Litigation, 2018, 2020
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.