Recognized since 2010
Employment Law - Management
Labor Law - Management
Sarah is admitted to the bars of Georgia and the District of Columbia. She is also admitted to practice in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit and the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Middle, and Northern Districts of Georgia; the Northern District of Florida; and the District of Maryland. She is a member of the American Bar Association and the Savannah Bar Association. She was previously chair of ALFA International, a global legal networking organization. She also serves on ALFA International’s Employment Practice Group Steering Committee.
Sarah is co-author of the article “Interest Arbitration: Public and Private Sector,” published in the Wiley Employment Law Update by John Wiley & Sons (1994), and is a contributing author to the Employment Discrimination Law 1998 and 2000 Supplements. She is also a past member of the editorial board of the Georgia Bar Journal and has given numerous seminar presentations to businesses and human resource professionals on employment law, including Title VII, harassment, ADA, ADEA, reductions-in-force, FLSA, federal and state leave laws, privacy, defamation, workplace violence, and immigration law.
She received her B.A. in History from Yale University in 1988 and her J.D. from Emory University in 1991. At Emory, she served as senior notes and comment editor for the Emory International Law Review. Following law school, Sarah was a law clerk from 1991 to 1992 for the Honorable Richard B. Kellam, Judge, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia.
- Lawyer Page: https://www.huntermaclean.com/attorney/sarah-h-lamar
- 200 East Saint Julian Street
P.O. Box 9848
Savannah, GA 31412-0048
- Emory University, J.D., graduated 1991
- Yale University, BA, graduated 1988
- Georgia, State Bar of Georgia
- District of Columbia, The District of Columbia Bar
- ALFA International, The Global Legal Network - Chair Emeritus
- Historic Savannah Foundation - Board Secretary
- Savannah Area Chamber of Commerce - Board Member
- Savannah Area Tourism Leadership Council - Board Member
- VisitSavannah - Chair Elect
- United States District Court
- Employment Law - Management, Savannah (2024)
- Employment Law - Management, Savannah (2022)
- Employment Law - Management
- Labor Law - Management
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.