Recognized since 2012
Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
Litigation - Banking and Finance
Litigation - Bankruptcy
Litigation and Controversy - Tax
For the past 20 years, my practice has been focused on clients in transition who need assistance in acquisitions, debt restructuring, refinancing, workouts and turnarounds. I help companies and individuals expand, reorganize, buy, sell and liquidate.
I regularly represent both healthy and troubled companies and the individuals who own and are employed by them. These solutions have included sales inside and outside of bankruptcy, refinancing, workouts and Chapter 11 reorganizations. I have substantial experience in compromises and payment agreements with state and federal taxing authorities. I have represented creditors, receivers, trustees and creditors' committees in both federal and state courts. I also counsel individuals and companies on wealth protection strategies.
Since 2010, I have represented municipalites and organizations doing business with local government. My work has included general obligation bonds, tax increment financing, public/private partnerships, utility rate adjustments, annexation, redevelopment grants and general regulatory matters.
I am a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute, Indiana Bar Association, Indianapolis Bar Association and Indiana Association for Corporate Renewal. I have been certified by the American Board of Certification in business bankruptcy since 2005 and was elected to its board of directors in 2015. I was elected chair of the Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights Committee of the Indiana State Bar Association in 2014.
I enjoy an AV Peer Review Rating from Martindale Hubble. I have also been recognized by Indiana SuperLawyer Magazine since 2009 and Best Lawyers in America since 2012.
I serve on the board of directors of Music for All and Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Central Indiana. I advise Trusted Mentors, Partners in Housing and Art With A Heart on a pro bono basis. I have been an adjunct faculty member at Indiana University since 1990 and currently serve on the FacultyAdvisory Committee for its paralegal degree and legal studies programs.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Direct Phone Number: 317-713-3500
- Phone Number: 317-713-3500
- Lawyer Page: https://www.taftlaw.com/attorneys/808-samuel-hodson
- One Indiana Square, Suite 3500
Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Ethnicity: White
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D., graduated 1986
- Indiana, Indianapolis
- Litigation and Controversy - Tax, Indianapolis (2023)
- Litigation - Banking and Finance, Indianapolis (2018)
- Litigation - Bankruptcy, Indianapolis (2017)
- Litigation and Controversy - Tax, Indianapolis (2016)
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Litigation - Banking and Finance
- Litigation - Bankruptcy
- Litigation and Controversy - Tax
- Board Certified in Business Bankruptcy, American Board of Certification
- Indiana SuperLawyer
- Martindale Hubble AV Peer Rated
- Best Lawyers 2016 Litigation and Controversy-Tax, Lawyer of the Year, Indianapolis
- Fellow, Indiana Bar Foundation
- Government Relations Practice
- Municipal Law
- Project Finance Law
- Tax Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.