Recognized since 2021
Civil Rights Law
Samuel C. Hall, Jr. is the Managing Partner of Crivello Carlson, S.C. and is a member of the firm’s Board of Directors. He received his bachelor’s degree and law degree from Marquette University. During law school, Sam was a St. Thomas More Scholar for three years and was a member of the Marquette Sports Law Review. His principal practice focuses on civil rights litigation, products liability and appellate practice. In addition to his litigation practice, Sam is also a certified mediator, concentrating on complex disputes between parties.
Sam has successfully defended hundreds of law enforcement officers, government officials, municipalities and even judges in cases involving alleged civil rights violations. He is admitted to practice and has defended law enforcement in high profile cases in Wisconsin, Illinois and New York state courts, the United States Supreme Court, the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals and federal district courts in Wisconsin, Illinois, New York, Texas and Pennsylvania. Sam's civil rights work has been covered nationally, including in publications such as the New York Times, Chicago Tribune, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Miami Herald and San Francisco Chronicle.
In 2019, Sam was invited to the White House and considered for appointment as a U.S. District Court judge and he received bipartisan support for nomination to the federal judiciary by both Senator Tammy Baldwin and Senator Ron Johnson. Sam has been named to the Best Lawyers in America and he received the top “AV-Preeminent” peer and judicial ratings by Martindale-Hubbell. He has also been selected for the Wisconsin Super Lawyers list several times for his civil rights defense and appellate work. Based on his experience in defending law enforcement officers, Sam has been a keynote speaker and lecturer for many law enforcement organizations and was also an adjunct instructor for a Master’s level course offered by the University of Wisconsin for law enforcement command staff.
In his free time, Sam moonlights as a thoroughbred racehorse owner. Sam’s horses have successfully raced throughout the United States, Canada and Europe. Based on his legal work and his work in thoroughbred horseracing, Sam has been profiled in Marquis Who’s Who in America. Additionally, Sam was recognized by the Milwaukee Business Journal with its 40 Under 40 Award.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.crivellocarlson.com/lawyer/samuel-c-hall-jr
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 710 North Plankinton Avenue, Suite 500
Milwaukee, WI 53203
- Marquette University , J.D., graduated 2005
- Marquette University, B.A. , graduated 2002
- Texas, U.S. District Court - Western District of Texas
- Pennsylvania, U.S. District Court - Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Illinois, U.S. District Court - Northern District of Illinois
- Wisconsin, U.S. District Court - Western District of Wisconsin
- United States, U.S. Court of Appeals - Seventh Circuit
- United States, U.S. Court of Appeals - Fifth Circuit
- United States, U.S. Court of Appeals - Third Circuit
- Wisconsin, State of Wisconsin
- New York, State of New York
- Kentucky, Commonwealth of Kentucky
- Illinois, State of Illinois
- United States, U.S. Supreme Court
- American Bar Association - member
- Eastern District of Wisconsin Bar Association - member
- Federalist Society for Law and Public Policy Studies - member
- Kentucky Bar Association - member
- LGBT Bar Association - member
- National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences - member
- National Association of Certified Mediators - member
- Seventh Circuit Bar Association - member
- State Bar of New York - member
- State Bar of Wisconsin - member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Civil Rights Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.