Recognized since 2018
Attorney Trey Yates has served the people of Houston and surrounding southeastern Texas since 1984. In 1986, he founded his law firm, Trey Yates Law, where he has focused his practice on assisting clients who face family law challenges, particularly divorces involving complex marital property division. In 2010, he created the popular educational seminar known as The Guide to Good Divorce?.
Mr. Yates earned his law degree from St. Mary's University School of Law in 1984, and the State Bar of Texas granted him admission that same year. In the years that have passed since he began his legal career, he has earned a reputation as a knowledgeable and experienced lawyer, and, in 2010, the Texas Board of Legal Specialization recognized him as a board-certified family law attorney.
While attorney Yates is a skilled litigator who has represented clients in courtrooms for over 35 years, he is also a skilled negotiator. Mr. Yates has been trained extensively in alternative dispute resolution methods. In 1998, he became a certified attorney-mediator and in 1999 he earned a certification as a family law mediator and is trained in the collaborative law model.
In addition to having earned multiple certifications, attorney Yates has also earned a number of honors and awards thanks to his dedication to both his clients and his community. He has long served in a leadership capacity in the local legal community. He holds a "Superb" rating from Avvo, and he has received a distinguished client rating from Martindale-Hubbell. In addition, he received the President's Award for his work with the Houston Bar Association and the Star Volunteer award for his work with Houston Volunteer Lawyers. He has been named a Super Lawyer annually since 2015.
- Direct Phone Number: 713-932-7177
- Phone Number: 713-932-7177
- Lawyer Page: https://www.treyyateslaw.com/meet-sam-m-trey-yates-iii/
- 2900 Weslayan Street, Suite 350
Houston, TX 77027
- St. Mary’s School of Law, graduated 1984
- University of Houston, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science,, graduated 1981
- American Academy of Dramatic Arts, graduated 1979
- Family Law
- Board Certified Family Law - Texas Board of Legal Specialization - 2010 Recertified - 2015; 2020
- Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers since 2010
- Martindale-Hubbell CV Peer Review Rated
- Texas Super Lawyers - Family Law - 2015; 2016; 2017; 2018; 2019; 2020; 2021; 2022, Texas Super Lawyers
- Best Lawyers Recognition - 2017; 2018; 2019; 2020; 2021; 2022, Best Lawyers
- Collaborative Law: Family Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.