Partner of Carey and co-head of the firm's Corporate / Mergers and Acquisitions; Capital Markets and Banking and Finance Groups. His practice includes advising international and local clients in public and private M&A transactions, including tender offers, auction processes, joint ventures, private equity investments, and corporate restructuring. He advises international and local banks such as JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Barclays Bank, BNP Paribas, LarrainVial and BanChile Citi on the structuring of transaction and financial products, including advice on derivative matters. He also represents, on a regular basis, infrastructure funds on the acquisition, restructuring and financing of infrastructure projects in Chile.
Activities and Memberships
- Member of the legal group, ICARE.
- Member of the Board of Paz Corp and Adexus.
- Member of the Board of the Chile-Canada Chamber of Commerce.
- Professor of Commercial Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (2005-2013).
- Foreign Associate, Shearman & Sterling, New York (1996-1997).
- Author of specialized publications on corporate governance, merger and acquisitions, international finance among others.