Recognized since 2012
Economic Development Law
Public Finance Law
In addition to his core public finance practice, Rod represents cities and counties throughout the State in economic development projects. In connection with this work, Rod negotiates on behalf of public entities in structuring and negotiating the terms of tax-sharing and other incentive arrangements.
Rod has been an active participant and lecturer in various seminars and programs in public finance, including for the National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABL). Rod serves as Vice-Chair of the Municipal Securities Committee of NABL, and is a faculty member for NABL’s Fundamentals of Municipal Bonds seminar.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.bradley.com/people/k/kanter-rod
- One Federal Place
1819 Fifth Avenue North
Birmingham, AL 35203
- Vanderbilt University , J.D., graduated 2000
- Birmingham Southern College, B.S., graduated 1994
- Alabama, Alabama State Bar Association
- Georgia, State Bar of Georgia
- National Association of Bond Lawyers - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Public Finance Law, Birmingham (2022)
- Municipal Law, Birmingham (2020)
- Municipal Law, Birmingham (2017)
- Economic Development Law, Birmingham (2016)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Municipal Law
- Public Finance Law
- Economic Development Law
- Listed in Alabama Super Lawyers, Bonds/Government Finance, 2013
- Listed in Chambers USA, Banking & Finance: Public Finance, 2013-2014
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.