Kyle Woosley focuses his practice on environmental law. His practice routinely involves rendering advice on a variety of federal and state environmental law issues, including Superfund, clean water, and underground storage tank laws. He also has significant experience in representing and advising buyers and sellers of contaminated properties.
Kyle has authored a manual to aid financial institutions in identifying and managing environmental risk, and he served four years as co-editor of Environmental News, the newsletter of the Environmental and Natural Resources Law Section of the North Carolina Bar Association.
Honors & Awards
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in Environmental Law and Environmental Litigation (2012-2020); Greensboro "Lawyer of the Year" for Environmental Litigation (2016 & 2018); Greensboro "Lawyer of the Year" for Environmental Law (2017)
- Recognized as "Legal Elite" in Environmental Law, Business North Carolina magazine, 2010-2013
- Power of Justice Award, Business Leader Magazine and NC Bar, 2008
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Environmental Law Section Council, North Carolina Bar Association, 2000-03
- Member, Section of Environment, Energy and Resources, American Bar Association
- Member, Section of Administrative Law, American Bar Association
- Advisory Council, Legal Aid of North Carolina, Greensboro, 2002--
- Board Member, Legal Aid of North Carolina, 2007-2012, and Chair of the Audit Committee, 2010--
- Board of Directors, Youth Focus, Greensboro, 1992-98
- Member, Advisory Council, Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Greensboro, 1990-92
- Consultant, United Nations, World Health Organization, 1981-82. Drafted handbook for implementing code governing marketing of infant formula.
- Consultant, United Nations Environmental Program, 1983. Researched US laws on hazardous chemicals for International Register of Potentially Toxic Chemicals
- Recent Changes to the North Carolina Groundwater Rules, Environmental News, 1994
- Environmental Management: A Manual for Community Financial Institutions, 1996
- Brooks Pierce Lawyers Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2016
- Joint News Release from Brooks Pierce, Legal Aid of North Carolina, and Mary's House
- Six Attorneys Named "Lawyer of the Year" in Respective Practices
- Frye, Johnson and Woosley Receive Power of Justice Awards