Recognized since 2011
Banking and Finance Law
Financial Services Regulation Law
Ryan is a partner in the firm's Maine office. Ryan assists clients with a wide variety of federal, Maine and Massachusetts regulatory compliance matters. Ryan's retail financial compliance experience includes prepaid access, consumer and commercial deposit products, electronic banking and payment services, consumer finance products (residential mortgages, home equity loans/lines, personal loans/lines, credit cards, student loans, auto loans and leases, and retail installment sales contracts), marketing and advertising issues, privacy and data security issues, and vendor contracting/third party risk management issues. His representative clients include community, regional and national banks, as well as non-bank lenders and service providers.
For the tenth consecutive year, Ryan is listed in the 2020 edition of The Best Lawyers in America® in the practice areas of Banking and Finance Law and Financial Services Regulation Law. Ryan was named the Best Lawyers® Banking and Finance Law "Lawyer of the Year" in Portland, Maine for both 2018 and 2015. Hudson Cook's Portland, Maine office has also received a Metropolitan Tier 1 ranking in the practice areas of Banking and Finance Law and Financial Services Regulation Law in the 2020 Edition of U.S. News - Best Lawyers "Best Law Firms."
Prior to joining Hudson Cook, Ryan was a Partner and Co-Leader of Pierce Atwood, LLP's Banking & Financial Services practice groups. Previously, he was Senior Counsel to BankBoston, N.A.
- Lawyer Page: https://www.hudsoncook.com/attorney/ryan-stinneford/
- 22 Free Street, Suite 205
Portland, ME 04101
- University of Maine School of Law, JD, graduated 1988
- Colby College, B.A. in History, graduated 1985
- Maine, 1988
- Massachusetts, 1998
- Consumer and Financial Institutions Law Section of the Maine State Bar Association - Member and former chair
- Consumer Financial Services Committee of the American Bar Association's Business Law Section - Chair (2008-2011) and Vice-Chair (2005-2008) of the Committee's Deposit Products and Payment Systems subcommittee
- Banking and Finance Law, Portland, ME (2023)
- Financial Services Regulation Law, Portland, ME (2023)
- Banking and Finance Law, Portland, ME (2021)
- Banking and Finance Law, Portland, ME (2018)
- Banking and Finance Law, Portland, ME (2015)
- Banking and Finance Law
- Financial Services Regulation Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.