Recognized since 2018
Litigation - Trusts and Estates
Ryan Nowlin joined the firm in 2006 and became a Partner in January 2012. Ryan’s practice is focused on the areas of family law, commercial litigation, and probate litigation. Ryan is board certified by the Ohio State Bar Association as a specialist in the practice of Family Relations law.
Ryan represents individuals in every phase of divorce and custody proceedings, and appears in Domestic Relations and Juvenile courts throughout Northeast Ohio. Ryan’s experience with complex family law matters includes the valuation of assets, the determination of premarital / separate property, the allocation of parental rights and responsibilities, and the establishment of appropriate child and/or spousal support obligations. Ryan also prepares and reviews prenuptial agreements. Ryan also counsels businesses and individuals regarding a variety of litigation matters, and he represents clients in state and municipal courts across Northeast Ohio and in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio. Ryan also represents clients in various types of trust and estate litigation. Ryan assists clients with appellate matters, and he is experienced in alternative dispute resolution methods, including arbitration and mediation.
Ryan currently serves as Co-Chair of the Bench-Bar Committee of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, and he is a participant in the CMBA’s 3Rs program, where he assists with teaching Constitutional Law to tenth graders in the Cleveland Metropolitan School District. Ryan also previously served as Vice President of Membership for the CMBA. Ryan is an Associate Member of the Judge John M. Manos Inn of Court and a member of the Center for Principled Family Advocacy.
Ryan and his wife reside in Lakewood with their five children.
- One Cleveland Center, Suite 900
1375 East Ninth Street
Cleveland, OH 44114
- University of Maryland, J.D., graduated 2005
- Loyola University Maryland, B.A., graduated 2002
- Ohio, State of Ohio
- American Bar Association - Member
- Ohio State Bar Association - Member
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association - Member
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers - Fellow
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- Family Law
- Litigation - Trusts and Estates
- Selected to the Ohio Super Lawyers® list: 2019-present
- Selected to the Ohio Super Lawyers® Rising Stars list: 2011-2012, 2014-2018
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.