Recognized since 2018
Litigation - Trusts and Estates
Ryan Nowlin joined the firm in 2006 and became a Partner in January 2012, specializing in family law. He is a Fellow and a Certified Arbitrator with the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, a nationally recognized group of leading practitioners of family law, and he is board certified by the Ohio State Bar Association as a specialist in the practice of Family Relations law.
Ryan represents individuals in every phase of divorce and custody proceedings and appears in Domestic Relations and Juvenile courts throughout Northeast Ohio. He was drawn to family law as an opportunity to help people who are going through some of life’s most difficult situations. As a father of five, he is also driven to find the best solutions for children and parents. He has experience with many different approaches to dissolutions, including collaborative and contested divorces and mediation, and he works with his clients to identify the best options for them.
Within family law, Ryan’s experience encompasses complex matters such as the valuation of assets, determination of premarital/separate property, allocation of parental rights and responsibilities, and establishment of appropriate child and/or spousal support obligations. He also prepares and reviews prenuptial agreements and represents clients in various types of trust and estate litigation. Additionally, he has experience in probate and commercial litigation and alternative dispute resolution methods including arbitration and mediation.
Outside of his practice, Ryan volunteers for the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association’s 3Rs program, where he helps to teach Constitutional Law to tenth graders in the Cleveland Metropolitan School District. He also previously served as Vice President of Membership for the CMBA, as well as Co-Chair of the CMBA Family Law Section. He is an Associate Member of the Judge John M. Manos Inn of Court and a member of the Center for Principled Family Advocacy.
Ryan and his wife reside with their five children in Lakewood, where he spent seven years on the City Council. He enjoys coaching his children’s sports teams, runs, and plays the guitar.
- One Cleveland Center, Suite 900
1375 East Ninth Street
Cleveland, OH 44114
- University of Maryland, J.D., graduated 2005
- Loyola University Maryland, B.A., graduated 2002
- Ohio, State of Ohio
- American Bar Association - Member
- Ohio State Bar Association - Member
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association - Member
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers - Fellow
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- Family Law
- Litigation - Trusts and Estates
- Selected to the Ohio Super Lawyers® list: 2019-present
- Selected to the Ohio Super Lawyers® Rising Stars list: 2011-2012, 2014-2018
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.