Ryan F. Kelley
Recognized since 2021
Banking and Finance Law
Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
Ryan Kelley provides legal counsel to public and private companies regarding debt and equity financings, commercial transactions and bankruptcy and creditors’ rights matters.
Ryan represents both lenders and borrowers in construction, acquisition, new markets tax credits, term and working capital financing transactions. His transactional experience also includes commercial matters such as the representation of franchisors and franchisees with respect to franchise matters, of manufacturers with respect to dealer and distributorship arrangements and of buyers and sellers with respect to mergers and acquisitions.
In addition, Ryan advises clients on issues arising at all stages of distressed situations, insolvency and bankruptcy. He regularly represents secured creditors, trade creditors, landlords, sellers and acquirers of distressed assets and entities, and other interest holders in workouts and restructurings, liquidations and collection actions. Among other things, Ryan advises clients on the use of cash collateral, adequate protection of interests in collateral, relief from the automatic stay, claims allowance as well as the defense of fraudulent and preferential transfer actions. He has successfully handled both bankruptcy litigation, including appeals, and transactional matters, such as distressed asset sales.
Although Ryan’s clients represent a broad range of industries, including manufacturing, distribution, retail, food and beverage, and franchising, Ryan has significant experience in the energy and financial services industries.
Contact & Links
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct Phone Number: 207-791-1100
- Phone Number: 207-791-1100
- Lawyer Page: https://www.pierceatwood.com/people/ryan-kelley
- Merrill's Wharf
254 Commercial Street
Portland, ME 04101
- Boston College Law School, J.D., graduated 2010
- Boston College, B.A. History and Philosophy, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, graduated 2007
- Dartmouth College, Tuck Business Bridge Program, graduated 2006
- United States, Maine
- United States, Massachusetts
- United States, New Hampshire
- American Bankruptcy Institute - Member
- Boston Bar Association - Member
- Boston College Law School’s Grimes Moot Court, Negotiation and Client Counselling Competitions - Volunteer Judge
56 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
12 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
Recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America 2023 for work in:
- Banking and Finance Law
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Recognized as an "Up and Coming" bankruptcy/restructuring attorney by Chambers USA (2022)
- Included in Best Lawyers “Ones to Watch” for Banking and Finance Law, and Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2021-present)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.