Recognized since 2018
Litigation - Intellectual Property
Litigation - Patent
Russell Chorush is a co-founder of Houston-based Heim, Payne & Chorush, a patent litigation boutique that is known for its sophisticated and effective litigation related to patent infringement and patent-related antitrust work. Russ is a true pioneer in patent-related antitrust litigation against pharmaceutical companies under the Sherman Antitrust Act and FTC v. Actavis, Inc., 133 S. Ct. 2223 (2013). Russ plays leadership roles on multifirm teams and has assisted in securing groundbreaking recoveries in excess of $1 billion, prevailing in every case he has tried to final decision. With a Ph.D in chemistry, Russ is uniquely qualified to handle patent-related antitrust litigation on behalf of direct purchasers and retailers who are harmed when pharmaceutical manufacturers abuse patent laws for an unfair competitive advantage.
Prior to law school, Russ served as a laboratory manager for Texas Instruments, Inc. (TI) and Air Liquide Corporation. He is a co-author of the book “Handbook of Chemicals and Gases for the Semiconductor Industry,” as well as a number of published articles and is a named inventor on several patents assigned to TI. He is an author of six published articles in peer-reviewed journals including the Journal of the American Chemical Society, Analytical Chemistry and the Journal of Mass Spectrometry. He received his Ph.D. in analytical chemistry from Cornell University in 1994 and a B.S. in chemistry from the University of Texas at Austin in 1989.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.hpcllp.com/attorneys/chorush-russell/
- 1111 Bagby, Suite 2100
Houston, TX 77002
- University of Houston , J.D., Summa Cum Laude, graduated 2001
- Cornell University, Ph.D. in Chemistry, graduated 1994
- Cornell University, M.S. in Chemistry, graduated 1992
- University of Texas, B.S. in Chemistry with honors, graduated 1989
- Texas, 2001
- State Bar of Texas - Member
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- State of Texas
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Litigation - Patent
- IAM Patent 1000 - Recommended Individual, 2021
- Texas Lawyer Plaintiffs Trailblazer, 2020
- Best Lawyers in America, 2018-2021
- Ranked among the Best Law Firms by US News & World Report and Best Lawyers, 2016-2021
- Texas Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2019-2021
- Texas Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters/Super Lawyers, as published in Texas Monthly, 2005-2007, 2010-2011
- University of Houston Law Center Rising Star Award, 2005
- Recipient of the highest score on the July 2001 Texas Bar Exam
- Valedictorian of the University of Houston Law Center Class of 2001
- Lex Awards in Civil Procedure; Contracts II; Torts I; Property II; Torts II.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.