Recognized since 2021
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Litigation - Banking and Finance
Russell O’Brien is a Partner in the Firm’s Fort Lauderdale office and concentrates his practice on contract disputes, securities litigation, fraud (misrepresentation, inducement, transfers, aiding and abetting and conspiracy), fiduciary relationships and business torts, shareholder disputes (direct and derivative), and class action defense. He also has experience in admiralty law, including vessel acquisitions and sales, vessel refurbishment and repair, vessel charter, and foreclosing and defending against necessaries liens and first preferred ship mortgages.
Russell is the Firm’s Administrative Partner and manages the Firm’s eDiscovery department. He regularly advises corporate clients regarding eDiscovery planning and protocols, e-Retention, and litigation concerning eDiscovery disputes.
Russell has represented Fortune 500 companies, small businesses and individuals in both jury and bench trials, and has wide-ranging courtroom experience in both state and federal court. Prior to joining Conrad & Scherer, Mr. O’Brien practiced at an AM 100 law firm, primarily representing financial institutions in class action litigation.
Contact & Links
- 633 South Federal Highway, Eighth Floor
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, graduated 2010
- University of California Berkeley, B.A., graduated 2003
- Florida, 2010
- 17th Judicial Circuit Grievance - Committee Member
- Broward County Bar Association - Member
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida
Recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America 2023 for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Litigation - Banking and Finance
- Recognized as a Best Lawyer: Ones To Watch in Commercial Litigation for The Best Lawyers in America©, 2021
- Listed in South Florida Legal Guide, “Top Lawyer”, 2021
- Listed in Fort Lauderdale Illustrated Magazine, “Top Lawyer”, 2020
- Selected as Florida Super Lawyers® “Rising Star”, 2020
- Listed as one of the “FACES of Fort Lauderdale” in Complex Commercial Litigation by Fort Lauderdale Illustrated Magazine, 2020
- Listed in Attorney At Law Magazine, “Rising Star”, 2018
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.