Recognized since 2006
Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
Rufus Dorsey is senior partner and practice leader for the firm's bankruptcy practice. With more than 35 years of service in teh area, his broad knowledge of the restructuring landscape and his reputation for diligence have won Rufus the trust of his clients and the respect of his peers.
Rufus represents a diverse range of clients in bankruptcy, including secured and unsecured creditors, Chapter 11 debtors, committees and trustees, asset purchasers, pension plans, and fiduciaries. In the secured lending area, Rufus guides the firm's clients through work outs, inter-creditor issues, debtor-in-possession financing, asset sales and restructuring of borrowers through bankruptcy. Rufus has significant experience as an examiner and as counsel for Chapter 11 debtors, unsecured creditor committees and trustees in high profile bankruptcy cases. His practice also extends to state and federal receiverships where he represents both lenders and receivers. Rufus' clients come from a wide range of industries, including manufacturing, retail, energy, insurance, technology, finance and healthcare, and involve work in jurisdictions nationwide, including Delaware and New York.
Rufus is devoted to helping his clients achieve their commercial goals. HIs restructuring focus and ability to find solutions often leads his clients to win-win results. Business-centered and pragmatic, Rufus is always at his client's side, providing a steady hand to navigate through the restructuring process.
- 303 Peachtree Street, NE, Suite 3600
Atlanta, GA 30308
- University of Georgia , J.D., cum laude, graduated 1980
- University of Georgia, B.A., magna cum laude, graduated 1977
- Georgia, 1980
- State Bar of Georgia, Bankruptcy Section - Past president
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business for Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America for Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2006-present)
- Recognized as a Georgia "Super Lawyer" by Super Lawyers magazine (2005-2019)
- Recognized as one of Georgia's "Top Rated Lawyers" by Martindale-Hubbell and ALM (2012)
- Named as one of Georgia's leading lawyers in Georgia Trend magazine (2007, 2009)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.