Royal W. Craig
Recognized since 2011
Litigation - Intellectual Property
Litigation - Patent
Mr. Craig is a practicing patent attorney who represents scientists, engineers and technology-oriented companies. He helps clients protect, defend and commercialize their intellectual property.
Formerly an electronic design and software engineer, Mr. Craig has more than 20 years of experience in patent procurement, licensing and transactions as well as in trademark, copyright, trade dress and trade secret issues. He also represents clients in all phases of patent litigation, including district court proceedings and federal circuit appeals, and has provided expert witness testimony in several patent lawsuits.
Mr. Craig is active in civic and professional organizations and is an adjunct professor at the University of Baltimore's Center for Technology Commercialization.
Contact & Links
- 1001 Fleet Street, Suite 700
Baltimore, MD 21202
- University of Baltimore, MBA, graduated 1989
- Lehigh University, BA, graduated 1982
- Lehigh University, BS, graduated 1982
- Maryland, Maryland State Bar
- American Bar Association - Member
- American Intellectual Property Law Association - Member
- Federal Bar Association - Member
- Licensing Executives Society - Member
- Maryland State Bar Association - Member
26 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
7 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Patent Law, Baltimore (2022)
- Technology Law, Baltimore (2021)
- Patent Law, Baltimore (2020)
- Technology Law, Baltimore (2018)
- Patent Law, Baltimore (2016)
- Technology Law, Baltimore (2015)
- Patent Law, Baltimore (2014)
- Litigation - Patent, Baltimore (2013)
- Litigation - Patent, Baltimore (2012)
- Patent Law, Baltimore (2012)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Litigation - Patent
- Patent Law
- Technology Law
- Listed in Chambers USA, America's Leading Business Lawyers – Intellectual Property (Maryland) (2016, 2017)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.