Recognized since 2018
New York, New York
Rosemary A. Townley has been a self-employed full-time arbitrator and mediator for over 30 years based in Larchmont, New York in the Metropolitan New York City area, whose practice includes both domestic and international cases. She has been named to Super Lawyers and to the Top Women Attorneys in Metro New York since 2014.
Ms. Townley is listed as an arbitrator with various panels of the American Arbitration Association including the following: Class Actions, Large, Complex Cases, Commercial, Employment, Individually Negotiated Employment Contracts, and cases assigned by the International Centre on Dispute Resolution. Ms. Townley is also listed as a member of the Distinguished Panel on Sports Law of the International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution.She is also found on the arbitration lists of the London Court of International Arbitration and the ICC, as well as on many private contracts.
Her labor arbitration and mediation experience includes deciding thousands of cases involve disputes in both the private and public sector. She served for approximately eight years as one of four, solo grievance arbitrators (non-injury) under the agreement between the National Football League and the NFL Players Association.
- 1175 York Avenue, Suite PHA8
New York, NY 10065
- Brooklyn Law School, Doctor of Law, J.D., graduated 1991
- University at Buffalo, Master of Education, M.Ed., graduated 1976
- D'Youville College, Bachelor of Science, B.S., graduated 1973
- Syracuse University, Doctor of Philosophy, Ph.D., graduated 1978
- New York, New York
- New York, The Oneida Tribal Nation
- United Kingdom, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- College of Labor & Employment Attorneys - Fellow
- American Bar Association - • Sections: Dispute Resolution; International; Labor and Employment Law.
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York - Section on Employment and Labor Law
- CPR Panel of Distinguished Arbitrators, Sports Law - Member
- National Academy of Arbitrators - • Governor, Board of Governors, 2007-2010 • Legal Coordinator, 2005-2007 • Member, Presidential Nominating Committee, 2004-2005 • Member, National Meeting Program Committee, 2003-2009 • Chair, Employment Arbitration Advocates Workshop 2007
- New York International Arbitration Center - Inaugural Member - - Independent Arbitrator and Mediator, February 2017 NYIAC Participant: UNCITRAL Meeting at the UN (Working Group II, Enforcement of Mediated Settlements)
- New York State Bar Association - • Section on Labor and Employment Law Section Chair (1999-2000); Member, Executive Committee (1987- present); Committee Chair, Continuing Legal Education Committee (1996-1999), Section on Dispute Resolution , Member, ADR Committee
- Sports Lawyers Association - Member
- State of New York
- United States District Court - Southern District
- United States District Court - Eastern District
- United States Supreme Court
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Top Women Attorneys in Metro New York, 2014-present
- International Institute of Conflict Prevention and Resolution, Distinguished Neutral in Sports Law, 2016-present
- ABA Foundation Fellow, 2017
- Super Lawyers (Alternate Dispute Resolution), 2014 to present
- New York Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.