Recognized since 2013
Washington, District of Columbia
International Trade and Finance Law
Rosa S. Jeong focuses her practice on all aspects of international trade laws, including trade remedy proceedings before the U.S. Department of Commerce, the U.S. International Trade Commission, federal courts, and the World Trade Organization (WTO). She has counseled and represented companies in antidumping and countervailing duty proceedings, and appeals of such cases in the U.S. Court of International Trade and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. Rosa has also represented U.S. and foreign companies in Section 337 proceedings involving allegations of patent and trademark infringement and other unfair trade practices.
Rosa has experience providing advice to companies regarding the procedures before the Bureau of Customs and Border Protection following the issuance of an exclusion order in a 337 action. She has advised on claims arising under the multilateral and bilateral trade agreements, in addition to representing companies and governments in dispute resolution proceedings before the WTO.
Prior to joining the firm, Rosa served as a senior international trade analyst in the Import Administration of the Department of Commerce (DOC), where she led numerous antidumping and countervailing duty investigations and reviews. In that role, she participated in the drafting of the Department's countervailing duty regulations. Rosa also served in the U.S. delegation in appeal proceedings concerning privatization issues before the Appellate Body of the WTO.
- 2101 L Street, NW, Suite 1000
Washington, DC 20037
- Cornell University, BS, graduated 1991
- Maryland, Maryland State Bar Association
- District of Columbia, The District of Columbia Bar
- Bar Association of Court of Appeals for Federal Circuit - Member
- Court of International Trade Bar Association - Member
- District of Columbia Bar Association - Member
- International Trade Commission Trial Lawyers Association - Member
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association - Member
- International Trade and Finance Law
- Litigation - Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy)
- International trade
- Intellectual property litigation
- Trade-related litigation
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- Assisted CEMEX, the global cement concern, in support of Mexico’s WTO case against the continued imposition of anti-dumping duties on imports of Mexican cement into the United States – a case that was settled highly favorably for CEMEX and Mexico, and led to the return of millions of dollars in anti-dumping duties.
- Assisted the Brazilian government with WTO cases challenging U.S. anti-dumping methodologies relating to imports of silicon metal and corrosion- resistant carbon steel flat products (third party).
- Represented complainant in a 337 action concerning trademark infringement of the hair irons, In the Matter of Certain Hair Irons, 2008.
- Represented complainants in an action against vendor software programmers concerning ownership of source code and breach of contract concerning deliverables, AAA Arbitration in D.C., CBAY Systems, Ltd. and Arrendale Associates, Inc. v. G&G Technologies, Inc., 2003.
- In the Matter of Certain Bearings and Packaging Thereof, 2002.
- Represented all respondents in a 337 action brought by Yamaha Motor Company, Ltd. et al. concerning alleged infringement of 11 patents on personal watercraft, In the Matter Of Certain Personal Watercraft and Components Thereof, 2001-2002.
- Represented respondent in a 337 action concerning alleged infringement of a patent on water sprinklers, In The Matter of Certain Oscillating Sprinklers, Sprinkler Components, and Nozzles, 2002.
- Represented respondent in a 337 action concerning two reissue patents on the electrical components of garage door openers, In The Matter Of Certain Garage Door Operators Including Components Thereof, 2002.
- Antidumping and countervailing, Lightweight Thermal Paper from China, 2007-2008
- Antidumping, Light-Walled Rectangular Pipe from Korea, 2007-2008
- Antidumping, Polyester Staple Fiber from China, 2006-2007
- Antidumping, Cold-Rolled Steel from China, 2001
- Antidumping, Silicomanganese from India, 2001
- Antidumping, New Shipper Review, Wooden Bedroom Furniture from China
- Antidumping, Diamond Sawblades from China, 2006
- Antidumping, Silicon Metal from Brazil, 2000-2006
- Antidumping, Artist Canvas from China, 2005
- Antidumping, Hand Trucks from China, 2004
- Countervailing, Silicon Metal from Brazil, 2004
- Antidumping, Certain Malleable Iron Pipe Fittings, 2003
- Antidumping, Ferrovanadium from China, 2002
- Representative antidumping and countervailing duty investigations and reviews include Flowers from Colombia, Salmon from Chile, Stainless Steel Sheet and Strip from France, Steel Pipe from Korea, Creatine Monohydrate from China, and Aspirin from China.
- Drafted U.S. countervailing duty regulation on export subsidies.
- Determined annual regression-based labor rates to be applied in non-market economy country proceedings
- Served in the U.S. delegation before the Appellate Body of the World Trade Organization in dispute resolution proceeding concerning privatization issues.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.