Ronald F. Wayne
Recognized in:Litigation - Trusts and EstatesTrusts and Estates
Law School:Cleveland State University
Location:1375 East Ninth Street, Suite 1700Cleveland, OH 44114
- Cleveland State University, BA, graduated 1974
- Ohio, Ohio State Bar Association
- New Jersey, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Probate and Estate Planning Section - Member
- Elder Care Matters Alliance - Lifetime Charter Member
- Estate Planning Advisory Council of Case Western Reserve University - Member
- Florida Bar Association, Real Property, Probate & Trust Section - Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Elder Law Committee - Member
- Society of Financial Services Professionals - Member, Board of Directors
- St. Basil the Great Parish Finance and Endowment Committees - Member
- The Lawyers Guild of the Catholic Diocese of Cleveland - Member
- University Hospitals Planned Giving Advisory Committee - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Litigation - Trusts and Estates
- Trusts and Estates
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2010- 2013).
- Selected for inclusion in Ohio’s Super Lawyers® (2004 – 2012), as voted by his peers.
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating of AV® Preeminent ™, which indicates a very high to pre-eminent legal ability and ethical standards as established by confidential opinions from the attorney’s peers.
Tell us a little bit about your practice and what makes it unique.
- Everyday, I have the opportunity to help clients protect their families, assets and their businesses. I really enjoy being able to help people meet their estate planning and business succession objectives.
What common questions are you asked by clients, and what are your answers?
- Q. Why does estate planning have to be so complicated?
A. With wealth comes complexity but I will make it simple for you to understand.
Describe one of your most interesting or memorable cases in the past year.
- Recreating gift tax returns for a lottery winner's multi year unfiled gift tax returns and finding legal precedent to minimize adjusted taxable gifts.
What is most challenging about your area(s) of expertise?
- Correcting mistakes in shabbily drawn estate planning documents and righting the wrongs of undue influence and breaches of fiduciary duties.
Were there any particular inspirations (people or events) that spurred your interest in your practice area(s)?
- A mentoring probate attorney who cared deeply about his clients and provided incredible personal c service to all his cients without regard to their status or wealth.
What other interests do you have?
- Golf, fishing, kayaking, snowboarding and stand up paddle boarding.
Anything else you’d like to share?
- Proud to be counted among the Best Lawyers in America!
Buckingham, Doolittle & Burroughs, LLC
3800 Embassy Parkway, Suite 300
Akron, OH 44333
3 Office Locations
in 1 Country