Recognized since 2007
Banking and Finance Law
Employment Law - Management
Labor Law - Management
Litigation - Bankruptcy
Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
Real Estate Law
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.wordenthane.com/attorney/180/
- 321 West Broadway, Suite 300
Missoula, MT 59802
- The University of Montana, J.D., graduated 1971
- Carroll College, BA, graduated 1968
- Montana, State Bar of Montana
- ABA Section of Labor & Employment Law - Member
- ABA Section of Law Practice Management - Member
- American Board of Trial Advocates - Member
- Ancient Order of Hiberians - Member
- Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribal Court - Practicing Attorney Member
- Montana Defense Trial Lawyers - Member
- Western Montana Bar Association - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Product Liability Litigation - Defendants, Missoula (2022)
- Litigation - Bankruptcy, Missoula (2021)
- Banking and Finance Law, Missoula (2020)
- Labor Law - Management, Missoula (2019)
- Banking and Finance Law, Missoula (2018)
- Labor Law - Management, Missoula (2017)
- Banking and Finance Law, Missoula (2016)
- Insurance Law, Missoula (2014)
- Banking and Finance Law, Missoula (2013)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Employment Law - Management
- Labor Law - Management
- Banking and Finance Law
- Litigation - Bankruptcy
- Insurance Law
- Real Estate Law
- Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
Education Logistics, Inc. v. Laidlaw Transit, Inc. CV-07-06-M-DWM (D. Mont. 2012)$28,409,512.00 jury verdict in favor of software developer for lost licensing fees, lost annual maintenance fees, lost perpetual license fees and lost royalties against international school bus operator for failure to promote software for bus routing services and providing unlicensed access.
Brendon Retz-Abbey U.S. Bankruptcy Court D. MT #04-60302-7, AP #04-00049Representation of financial institution involving foreclosure of multiple loans in multimillion dollar development and construction projects involving various operating and partnership agreements and claims by investing partner that loans made were unauthorized.
XL Specialty Ins. Co. v. Patrol Helicopters, Inc., 411 Fed Appx. 78, 2011 WL182154 (9thCir. 2011)Successful declaratory action holding insurer of fuel truck not entitled to equitable contribution from helicopter insurer in multiple death and injury accident involving passenger car and fuel truck enroute to fuel helicopter.
Transcontinental Insurance v. St. Paul Mercury, CV-05-31-H-DWM-CSO (D. Mont. 2007)Obtaining indemnification and defense from insurer of highway flagging subcontractor involving catastrophic injuries in automobile accident in construction zone.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.