Recognized since 2015
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Roger J. Ecker is a litigation attorney at The Lynch Law Group. He has been practicing law for more than 50 years. Shortly after beginning his legal career, Roger served as an Assistant District Attorney in Washington County.
He served as legal counsel in Stevenson v. Commonwealth of Pa., a class action that successfully challenged in the Supreme Court certain practices of the Pennsylvania Lottery Commission. Roger’s interest in litigation developed during this time and he remains active in civil litigation and in business-related matters.
Roger has litigated numerous cases in diverse oil, gas, and mineral law issues in both state and federal courts in Western Pennsylvania, representing both plaintiffs and defendants in complex litigation. These issues have involved injunctions, quiet title actions, declaratory judgments, as well as regulatory and zoning matters before various state and local municipalities, and the construction of mining facilities, gas compressor stations, and pipeline facilities.
Roger has defended clients in state and federal courts in civil rights actions filed against boroughs, counties, and other municipal corporations. He has also served as legal counsel in the prosecution of class action lawsuits and has been employed to defend similar actions in state and federal courts.
A member of the Washington County, Allegheny County, and Pennsylvania Bar Associations, Roger served in 1989 as President of the Washington County Bar Association and was President of the Academy of Trial Lawyers of Washington County in 1995. He was elected a fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers. He is also a member of the Pennsylvania Association for Justice and the Pennsylvania Defense Institute. He has been selected by his peers as one of Pennsylvania “Super Lawyers” in the field of Civil Litigation.
He is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, and the Federal District for the Western District of Pennsylvania. He is also admitted to practice before the Pennsylvania Supreme Court and all Pennsylvania Appellate Courts and all county courts in Western Pennsylvania.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://lynchlaw-group.com/attorney/roger-j-ecker/
- 375 Southpointe Boulevard, Suite100
Canonsburg, PA 15317
- Penn State Dickinson School of Law, Juris Doctor, graduated 1968
- Gettysburg College, Bachelor of Arts, graduated 1965
- Pennsylvania, Supreme Court
- American College of Trial Lawyers - Member
- Academy of Trial Lawyers of Washington County - Member
- Allegheny County Bar Association - Member
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice - Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association - Member
- Pennsylvania Defense Institute - Member
- Washington County Bar Association - Member
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circui
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.