Recognized since 2005
Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Roberta “Bobbie” D. Pichini has built her legal career around her unwavering dedication to representing seriously injured babies, children, and adults. As a Medical Malpractice Lawyer, in the past 30 years, she has honed her litigation skills in the area of obstetrical malpractice, representing brain-injured children, patients who have suffered from a delay in diagnosis of cancer, emergency room errors, patient abuse by medical professionals, and surgical negligence. Bobbie also prosecutes product liability and negligence actions. She is especially proud of a suit against a major manufacturer of children’s cribs, which uncovered a defect that had caused the strangulation of several babies. She has secured many seven and eight figure results, including a $15 million verdict against a surgeon who improperly set a patient’s broken bones, resulting in a permanently deformed foot and irreversible nerve damage. Bobbie obtained a $5.8 million settlement arising from a defective hunting product, and a $5.7 million settlement on behalf of a child who sustained a brain injury from a delay in recognizing signs of infection while she was in a hospital’s newborn nursery.
Bobbie has been recognized as a Top 100 Pennsylvania Super Lawyer and Top 100 Philadelphia Super Lawyer every year since 2007, and as a Top 50 Pennsylvania Women Super Lawyer every year since 2004. She was noted as a 2015 Best Lawyer and named the 2014 Lawyer of the Year in the field of Medical Malpractice Law (Plaintiffs) by the Best Lawyer publication. Bobbie was awarded the 2014 Michael J. Musmanno Award, presented annually to an outstanding leader and dedicated defender of the rights of the innocent and injured. In addition, Bobbie was awarded the Sandra Day O’Connor Award by the Philadelphia Bar Association for professional excellence and advancing the role of women in the bar. She was also named as one of four women leaders in Tort Litigation in Pennsylvania and a 2015 Woman of Distinction by The Legal Intelligencer and the Philadelphia Business Journal.
The first woman in Pennsylvania to be invited into the prestigious International Academy of Trial Lawyers (membership is limited to 500 lawyers), Bobbie was elected the organization’s first woman officer in 2003 and later became the organization’s first woman president in 2011. She is a member of the American College of Trial Lawyers, the American Board of Trial Advocates, and the International Society of Barristers, an elite invitation-only group dedicated to preserving trial by jury, the adversary system, and an independent judiciary.
Bobbie is an honors graduate of the University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing; Neumann College, summa cum laude; and Villanova University School of Law, cum laude, where she earned the Order of the Coif. She is licensed to practice in Pennsylvania, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Contact & Links
- 1845 Walnut Street, 21st Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania
- American Bar Association - Member
- American Board of Trial Advocates - Member
- American College of Trial Lawyers - Member
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers - Officer, 2003
- International Society of Barristers - Member
- Justinian Society - Board of Governors and Secretary
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum - Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association - Delegate to its House of Representatives, 1993 – Present
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association - Member, Prior Officer and Board Member
- Philadelphia Bar Association - Chair, Women in the Profession Committee, 2002 – 2003
- Temple American Inn of Court - Former President
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs, Philadelphia (2017)
- Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs, Philadelphia (2014)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Medical Malpractice
- Top 50 Women Super Lawyer in Pennsylvania 2004 – Present
- Best Lawyers in America - 2005 – Present - Lawyer of the Year in Medical Malpractice Law
- Justice Musmanno Award - Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association, 2014
- Top 100 Super Lawyers in Philadelphia - 2017
- Woman of the Year - The Legal Intelligencer, 2012
- Sandra Day O’Connor Award Winner - Philadelphia Bar Association, 2006
- Hon. Robert E. Keeton Award - National Institute for Trial Advocacy, 2003
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.