Recognized since 2010
Criminal Defense: General Practice
Criminal Defense: White-Collar
Litigation - Labor and Employment
Litigation - Mergers and Acquisitions
Robert T. Glickman is a senior litigation principal at McCarthy Lebit.
Since joining the firm in 2004, Rob has litigated matters on behalf of plaintiffs and defendants in State and Federal Courts involving white collar crime, construction, securities, employment issues, intellectual property litigation, and professional negligence. Concurrently, Rob also carries an active alternative dispute resolution practice, serving as a private judge, arbitrator, or mediator in many different types of cases.
Rob graduated from Case Western Reserve University School of Law in 1992. Prior to joining the firm, Rob served as an Assistant Cuyahoga County Prosecutor in the Major Trial Unit wherein he was responsible for handling aggravated murder, white collar crime, and other high profile cases. He tried one of the first cases in the community that was televised on Court TV and received a subsequent featurette on Dateline NBC.
While an Assistant Prosecutor, Rob was asked to serve as a Special Mahoning County Prosecutor between 1998 and 2001 to investigate organized crime and its role in the attempted murder of the then-elected Mahoning County Prosecutor. This investigation led to the indictment and conviction of several organized crime figures and public officials for various crimes, including Aggravated Murder, Engaging in a Pattern of Corrupt Activity, Attempted Murder, Aggravated Theft, Bribery, and other crimes.
In 2001, Rob was appointed by Governor Bob Taft to serve as Judge for the Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas. While there, Rob presided over cases involving complex civil and criminal issues. Rob retired from the bench in 2004.
Rob has served as adjunct professor of law at Cleveland State University ‘s Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, teaching advanced trial advocacy. He is also a frequent lecturer and panelist at various continuing education seminars.
Contact & Links
- 1111 Superior Avenue East, Suite 2700
Cleveland, OH 44114
- Case Western Reserve University
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, BS
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Association - Member
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association - Member
- Litigation Counsel of America - Senior Fellow
- Ohio State Bar Association - Member
- William K. Thomas Inn of Court - Master of the Bench
- Barrister - Order of Centurions
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Ohio Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Criminal Defense: General Practice, Cleveland (2022)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Litigation - Mergers and Acquisitions
- Criminal Defense: General Practice
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Commercial Litigation
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 10 Business Tort Trial Lawyers 2017
- “Criminal Defense: General Practice” Lawyer of the Year (Cleveland, OH) by The Best Lawyers in America©, 2022
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 2010-2023
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyers 2007-2022
- Ohio Super Lawyers®, 2009-2022
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.