Recognized since 2012
Government Relations Practice
Litigation - Land Use and Zoning
Robert Fine is a board certified construction law attorney and a Florida-registered, nationally certified architect. His practice focuses on land use, zoning, historic preservation, environmental, and administrative law. Robert’s work ranges from representation before local governments for zoning and other development approvals to building code appeals, code enforcement and unsafe structure defense; and at a state level, petitions for declaratory statements, lobbying for and challenging building code provisions and other administrative rulemaking related to his practice areas.
Formerly, the City of Miami Beach’s first ADA/Section 504 Coordinator, Robert provides defense counsel and consulting in claims under Titles II and III of the Americans with Disabilities Act and Fair Housing Act, and has consulted on a multitude of projects regarding the ADA, FHA, and similar state and local laws. He also works to adopt as well as challenge building accessibility and life safety codes and laws, where such laws and codes have beneficial or detrimental effects on his clients.
Contact & Links
- 333 Southeast Second Avenue, Suite 4400
Miami, FL 33131
- Rhode Island School of Design, B.Arch., graduated 1985
- Rhode Island School of Design, B.F.A., graduated 1984
- University of Miami , BS, graduated 1982
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association - Member
- American Institute of Architects (AIA) - Member
- Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) - Member
- International Code Council (ICC) - Professional Member
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB 39308) - Certified
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Litigation - Land Use and Zoning, Miami (2022)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Litigation - Land Use and Zoning
- Government Relations Practice
- AV Preeminent® 4.6 out of 5
- Law360 "Employment Practice Group of the Year," 2011 & 2013
- Chambers USA Award for Excellence, Real Estate, 2013
- Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, 2013
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.