Recognized since 2020
After working as a public accountant for two Big Eight accounting firms, Robert Burford graduated from the University of Houston Law School in 1986 with honors. He was a member of the Houston Law Review, Order of the Coif, and Order of the Barons. Mr. Burford worked as a tax lawyer for three years at Mayor, Day, Caldwell & Keeton, and then began his career as a commercial litigator in 1989 with Gibbs & Bruns, L.L.P., one of the nation’s most highly recognized boutique firms, receiving such accolades as finalist in the American Lawyer’s Boutique Litigation Firm of the Year, the Plaintiffs’ Hot List, and numerous other awards.
Mr. Burford became a partner with Gibbs & Bruns in 1993, and served as managing partner or co-managing partner of the firm for many years. Mr. Burford left Gibbs & Bruns in 2009 to start his own firm, where he was named to Benchmark Litigation’s “Litigation Stars” list for 3 successive years. He started Burford Perry, LLP in June 2015.
Mr. Burford has worked on complex commercial litigation matters for nearly 30 years, and was recognized by Best Lawyers® for Commercial Litigation in the 2020 Edition. He has been recognized as a Texas Super Lawyer by Texas Monthly for the last 16 consecutive years (2004 – 2019), a long-term recognition that few trial lawyers share. Mr. Burford focuses his practice exclusively on business and commercial litigation. He has handled complex, high-stakes business disputes of nearly every variety for both plaintiffs and defendants, including litigation involving fiduciary duties, securities fraud, mergers and acquisitions, Director’s and Officers’ liability, legal malpractice, oil and gas matters, partnership disputes, intellectual property disputes, theft of trade secrets, healthcare related matters and complex contractual disputes.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct Phone Number: 713-401-9790
- Phone Number: 713-401-9790
- Lawyer Page: https://burfordperry.com/bp-partners/attorney-robert-r-burford/
- Two Houston Center, Suite 2630
909 Fannin Street
Houston, TX 77010
- University of Houston, J.D. (Cum Laude), graduated 1986
- University of Houston, B.B.A. in Accounting, graduated 1981
- Texas, State Bar of Texas
- Texas Bar Foundation - Fellow
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- Commercial Litigation
- Oil & Gas Litigation
- Partnership and Shareholder Disputes
- Securities - Litigation
- Best Lawyers® for Commercial Litigation, 2020 Edition
- Texas Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2004-2019
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- Litigation - Securities
- Oil and Gas Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.