Robert M. Higgins is highly recognized as one of Massachusetts’ top medical malpractice trial attorneys who has achieved much success in the courtroom including the Commonwealth’s largest personal injury award — a $40 million verdict for a baby brain damaged at birth.
Rob, who received Best Lawyers’ “Lawyer of the Year” for Medical Malpractice - Boston distinction in 2015, started off 2018 by recording a plaintiff’s verdict in February for $1.6 million in a lawsuit involving an improperly administered IV contrast at Dana Farber Cancer Institute resulting in a patient’s injuries of renal failure. He has tried many complex med-mal cases including birth injury and failure to diagnose and treat cancer.
Some of his most significant courtroom achievements include:
- $40 million verdict - Birth injury case involving Lowell General Hospital
- $29.8 million verdict - Baby's brain injury at Baystate Medical Center
- $19.8 million verdict - Doctor’s failure to diagnose cervical cancer
- $16.7 million verdict - Failure to diagnose lung cancer
- $14.5 million award - Failure to diagnose and treat an infection resulting in death
- $13.5 million verdict - Failure to diagnose and treat abdominal compartment syndrome leading to the death of a 30-year-old woman
- $13 million verdict - Death of 38-year-old man following a tonsillectomy
- $12.8 million verdict - Negligent newborn care resulting in brain injury
- $7.2 million award - Doctor’s failure to diagnose breast cancer.
In addition to his skills in preparing and arguing a case for trial, Rob receives frequent praise for his compassion and ability to communicate effectively with his injured clients and their families during a long and difficult process.
Read Rob’s full profile on Lubin & Meyer’s website here: Attorney Robert M. Higgins.