Recognized since 2007
Robert M. (Randy) Roach, Jr. is the founding partner of Roach Newton, L.L.P., a Texas litigation and appellate boutique law firm, with offices in Houston, Austin, and Beaumont. Randy's 30 years of practice have focused on a unique combination of appeals, insurance coverage disputes, and a wide array of complex litigation. While having previously handled complex coverage disputes across the country for insurers as well as insureds, for the last 18 years, Randy has only represented policyholders, particularly major corporate insureds. In addition, he has served as regional and national litigation counsel for several major corporations.
For the past 23 years, Randy has been an adjunct professor of law in appellate advocacy at both the University of Texas School of Law and the University of Houston Law Center. He is currently the Director of Appellate Advocacy at the University of Houston Law Center and has been asked to make over 150 CLE presentations on topics such as appellate advocacy and procedure, pre-trial and trial procedure, insurance coverage and litigation, products liability, ADR, litigation budgets, and ethics.
He is a past chair of the State Bar of Texas' Appellate Section, the Houston Bar Appellate Section, and the Council of Chairs of the State Bar. He is board certified in Civil Appellate Law and Personal Injury Trial Law. He has been named a Texas Super Lawyer and one of the top 100 lawyers in the Houston region. He has been listed in Best Lawyers in America for Insurance Law and Appellate Practice and in Chambers USA Leading Lawyers for Business-Insurance. He is also listed as "Go-To" lawyer for Insurance Coverage Disputes on Linkedin. He is a sustaining member of the Product Liability Advisory Council.
Randy received his undergraduate B.A. degree magna cum laude from Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. and received his J.D. from the University of Texas School of Law, where he was on the Texas Law Review and won the Hildebrand Moot Court Championship. Prior to law school, Randy worked for the U. S. Senate Nutrition Committee and the U. S. Supreme Court.
Contact & Links
- One Westchase Center, Suite 1100
10777 Westheimer Road
Houston, TX 77042
- Georgetown University, B.A.
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D.
- Texas, 1981
- Houston Bar Association - Past Chair of Appellate Section
- Product Liability Advisory Council - Member
- State Bar of Texas - Past Chair of Appellate Section
- State Bar of Texas - Past Chair of Council of Chairs
- University of Houston Law Center - Adjunct Professor of Law in Appellate Advocacy
- University of Houston Law Center - Director of Appellate Advocacy
- University of Texas School of Law - Adjunct Professor of Law in Appellate Advocacy
- US Supreme Court
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Texas Eastern Bankruptcy Court
- Texas Eastern District Court
- Texas Northern Bankruptcy Court
- Texas Northern District Court
- Texas Southern District/Bankruptcy Court
- Texas Western Bankruptcy Court
- Texas Western District Court
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Appellate Practice
- Insurance Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.