- District of Columbia, The District of Columbia Bar
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Government Relations Practice
- In the December 2013 issue of Washingtonian magazine, Ambassador Kimmitt is recognized among "Washington's Best Lawyers" for his National Security Practice.
- In May 2009 he was awarded an honorary Doctor of Humane Letters degree by Marymount University, and in May 2010 he received the Distinguished Graduate Award from West Point.
- During his combat service with the 173rd Airborne Brigade in Vietnam (1970-1971), he earned three Bronze Star Medals, the Purple Heart, the Air Medal and the Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry. He retired as a Major General in the Army Reserve.
- During his service as Deputy Secretary and General Counsel to the US Treasury Department, Ambassador Kimmitt twice received the department’s Alexander Hamilton Award, and he also received the Arthur Flemming Award for distinguished public service.
- For his service during the Gulf Crisis and War, former President George H.W. Bush presented him with the Presidential Citizens Medal, the country’s second highest civilian award.
- For his service as American Ambassador to Germany, he was awarded Germany’s highest honor, the Bundesverdienstkreuz, as well as the US Defense Department’s Distinguished Public Service Award.
- United States Court of Appeals
Lawyer Practice Areas
13 Office Locations
in 5 Countries