Recognized since 2018
Personal Injury Litigation
Robert Ben dedicates his practice to representing and obtaining compensation for victims of traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury and serious orthopaedic and other injuries, as well as those who have suffered wrongful death. He represents clients throughout Ontario in cases that involve:
- Vehicular negligence (including automobile, motorcycle, bicycle, ATV, snowmobile and boating accidents)
- Municipal liability (negligent road design, maintenance/repair, snow and ice removal)
- Day care and nursing home host liability (over-service of alcohol)
- Occupier’s liability (property owner negligence)
- Products liability (defective consumer products causing injury)
- Insurance claims (accident benefits, long term disability benefits and insurer’s bad faith handling of claims)
Robert brings a unique perspective to his representation of personal injury victims having spent the early part of his legal career defending numerous large insurance companies against personal injury and other claims. That experience, together with his prior training as a social worker, makes him highly effective in maximizing compensation for his clients and allows him to appreciate the challenges and struggles they face as a result of their life-altering injuries.
Robert is experienced and at home in the courtroom, having appeared as counsel in numerous complex and contentious jury and non-jury trials the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, as well as on appeals in the Divisional Court, the Court of Appeal for Ontario, and the Supreme Court of Canada.
Robert understands that achieving results for his clients requires not only skill and intelligence, but also passion, creativity, perseverance and, above all else, hard work.
- Personal Injury
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.thomsonrogers.com/directory/robert-ben/
- 390 Bay Street, Suite 3100
Toronto, ON M5H 1W2
- Ontario, The Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- Canadian Civil Liberties Association - Member
- Ontario Association of Social Workers - Past Member
- Toronto Lawyer's Association - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada™ 2022 for work in:
- Personal Injury Litigation
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.