Bob Gegios has more than 30 years of experience representing public and private companies and individuals in a wide range of legal matters, including general business and commercial litigation and counseling, antitrust and trade regulation, dealership and franchise law, securities, intellectual property, RICO, employment disputes, insurance coverage, and international controversies. His domestic and international clients have spanned a wide range of industries and occupations, and he has represented their interests in disputes across the United States as well as in foreign settings.
His many accomplishments include:
- Representing Wisconsin businesses in obtaining a substantial, “first-phase” eight-figure recovery on their claims of collusive manipulation of natural gas prices.
- Succeeding this year in obtaining the Wisconsin Supreme Court’s extraordinary exercise of supervisory powers in order to protect his client’s constitutional rights to litigate its complex business case before an elected judge, rather than an appointed referee.
- Successfully representing prominent Wisconsin businesses in a 2015 United States Supreme Court antitrust case involving hundreds of millions of dollars in controversy.Winning one of the largest jury verdicts in a business case in the State of Wisconsin in recent years.Acting as one of the principal counsel in obtaining a major eight-figure recovery (exceeding the clients’ aggregate investments) in a nationally-prominent securities dispute.
- Winning hard-fought dismissals of numerous multi-million dollar class and individual actions brought against both public and private companies.
- Making important new law protecting businesses when they seek insurance protection for legal actions against them.
- Negotiating hundreds of successful resolutions of business disputes and government investigations.
- Successfully handling multi-jurisdictional and international litigation, arbitration and mediation matters for both domestic and foreign clients.
Bob has been selected for leadership positions in many professional organizations, including the American Bar Association, the Fellows of the American Bar Foundation, and the American Inns of Court. He is the past President of the Thomas E. Fairchild Inn of Court and of the Eastern District of Wisconsin Bar Association. He has been named the 2016 and 2018 “Lawyer of the Year” in Antitrust Law for Milwaukee by Best Lawyers® and has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the areas of commercial litigation, antitrust litigation and antitrust law. He also has been recognized for many years as a Super Lawyer® and a Leading Lawyer® in business litigation, honored as one of Milwaukee’s Highest-Ranked Attorneys®, and chosen as a 2017 Leader in the Law by the Wisconsin Law Journal.