Robert L. Boreanaz focuses his practice in the areas of union-side labor law and plaintiff-side employment law. He has litigated cases throughout New York State as well as in Delaware, Texas, and Illinois. Mr. Boreanaz has extensive trial experience, arguing before state, appellate, and federal courts. As an example of Mr. Boreanaz’s work, he recently reached a settlement of $1.8 million in an employment matter on behalf of a corrections officer working at the New York State Department of Correctional Service.
Mr. Boreanaz is a senior partner with the law firm Lipsitz Green Scime Cambria, a mid-size, full-service firm based in Buffalo, New York, with offices throughout Western New York and in California. He is the chairperson of the firm’s Labor and Employment Practice Area.
Mr. Boreanaz is consistently named to leading peer recognition publications, including Best Lawyers in America and New York Super Lawyers. Lipsitz Green was the only firm recently given a first-tier ranking in the Buffalo metropolitan area for Employment Law—Individuals’ in U.S. News & World Report/Best Lawyers’ "Best Law Firms."
Mr. Boreanaz is active in the bar and legal community. He has been a member of the New York State Bar Association and its executive board for over ten years. Mr. Boreanaz is a frequent lecturer, having made several presentations for the New York State Bar Association as well as appearing on radio and television and in print as a commentator on legal affairs. He is the outgoing president of the University at Buffalo Law School’s Alumni Association.
- Frequent lecturer on recent trends and cutting-edge labor and employment law topics for the New York State Bar Association, including fall and annual meetings in 1997, 1998, 2001, 2006, 2010 and 2011
- Featured speaker at the Bar Association of Erie County’s Labor and Employment Law Symposium in 2000
- Panelist for the New York State Bar Association Seminar on Benefits, Health Care, and the Workplace
In the News
Mr. Boreanaz handles many high-profile cases that draw media attention. He is also frequently called upon to offer comment as an expert in labor and employment law matters. Click on any of the descriptions below to view articles that feature comments from or about Mr. Boreanaz.
- Texas news outlet the Amarillo Globe-News got legal commentary from Mr. Boreanaz on the legal issues surrounding nepotism in the workplace.
- Mr. Boreanaz wrote a guest column for the Buffalo Law Journal on a recent Supreme Court decision that benefits unions.
- The Buffalo News reports on the agreement reached by the United States of America on behalf of one of Mr. Boreanaz’s clients.
- Robert Boreanaz provides comments for Buffalo Law Journal on pregnancy discrimination in the workplace.
- CBS affiliate WIVB-TV and Buffalo News report on Mr. Boreanaz’s successful representation of a corrections officer whose job was reinstated after being wrongly terminated in the wake of the Ralph“Bucky” Phillips escape.
- Buffalo Law Journal reports on Mr. Boreanaz’s successful representation of a worker who was the victim of workplace discrimination, resulting in a $1.79 million settlement for Mr. Boreanaz’s client.
- The Buffalo News reports on former Niagara Fall’s Mayor Vince Anello’s union corruption case, including comments from Mr. Boreanaz regarding the negative impact Mr. Anello’s actions had on young union members.
- Mr. Boreanaz’s comments are featured by Buffalo Law Journal in an article on the semantics of job losses.
- Mr. Boreanaz provides legal insight for a Buffalo Law Journal article on the rise of pregnancy discrimination.
- The Buffalo News interviews Mr. Boreanaz regarding his representation of a union official charged with unlawful receipt of payment.
- Mr. Boreanaz provides comments to The Buffalo News on the defense of his client, a high school principal accused of workplace discrimination.
- Buffalo Law Journal reports on the Americans With Disabilities Act, including comments from Mr. Boreanaz.