Recognized since 2018
Land Use and Zoning Law
Real Estate Law
Attorney Robert (Bob) L. Berchem is the founding partner of Berchem Moses PC. Bob serves as President of the firm and Chair of its Business Services Department. He graduated with honors from Fairfield University in 1962, and from Villanova Law School in 1965 where he was first in his class and the editor of the Villanova Law Review. Following law school, Bob clerked for the Honorable William H. Timbers, Chief Judge of the United States District Court. After working for Judge Timbers in both the District Court and the Second Circuit Court of Appeals in New York, Bob was awarded a William Cook Fellowship by the University of Michigan’s Law School from which received his Masters of Law in 1967. Bob then returned to Milford, Connecticut, and joined a local two-person general practice law firm. During the next 55 years, he brought the firm to statewide prominence. Berchem Moses PC now has over thirty-five lawyers and has added an additional office in Westport, Connecticut.
Bob has been actively involved in the attraction, development, and construction of many of the retail, commercial and industrial projects which, over the last five decades, have enabled the region to maintain a strong tax base and enhance its economic stability. Bob has served as a Trustee of Fairfield University and as Chair of the University of Bridgeport Board of Trustees.Consistent with Bob’s willingness to give back to the community, Berchem Moses PC has been a leading contributor to countless charitable organizations in greater Milford and beyond. Bob has given his time to many local organizations, including the Milford Historic District Commission which he chairs, the Milford Jaycees, the Milford Orange YMCA, Bridgeport Hospital and the Cardinal Shehan Center. Bob has been a member of the Board of Directors of Boys and Girls Village and is a member and former President of Race Brook Country Club.
Attorney Robert L. Berchem has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Lawyers in America® since 2018 for Real Estate Law.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.berchemmoses.com/Attorneys/Robert-L-Berchem.shtml
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 75 Broad Street
Milford, CT 06460
- Fairfield University, A.B., graduated 1962
- Villanova University, J.D., graduated 1965
- University of Michigan, LLW, graduated 1967
- Connecticut, 1965
- American Arbitration Association - Commercial Arbitrator
- American Bar Association - Member
- Connecticut Bar Association - Member
- Fairfield University - Former Trustee
- New Haven County Bar Association - Member
- University of Bridgeport - Former Chair of the Board of Trustees
- Greater Bridgeport Bar Association - Member
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1966
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1969
- U.S. Court of Appeals Second Circuit, 1977
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Land Use and Zoning Law
- Real Estate Law
- Cook Fellow, University of Michigan Law School
- James W. Cooper Fellows, Connecticut Bar Foundation, Sustaining Life Fellow, Catherine Roraback Circle
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.