Robert J. Sullivan focuses on corporate transactions and related regulatory matters involving insurance and reinsurance companies both in the United States and internationally.
Mr. Sullivan has more than 30 years of experience in representing insurance and reinsurance companies and has extensive experience with mergers and acquisitions, corporate transactions, insurance regulatory matters, reinsurance and complex coverage and major claims litigation. His work at the firm includes these areas, both in the United States and internationally. He also counsels the firm’s insurance company clients on restructuring matters.
Mr. Sullivan’s practice at Skadden, Arps focuses on the following areas:
- transactional matters involving insurance and reinsurance companies as well as their corporate parents, including equity and debt offerings, mergers, acquisitions, and recapitalizations;
- reinsurance matters, both as a complement to the firm’s transactional practice as well as advice with respect to reinsurance coverage matters and disputes;
- workouts, restructurings and reorganizations of insurance and reinsurance companies, including strategic advice relating to the withdrawal of companies from particular markets and lines of business;
- insurance regulatory advice, both in structuring a wide array of transactions to meet insurance regulatory requirements and statutory accounting objectives as well as in connection with regulatory compliance matters; and
- advice relating to emerging issues and developments affecting insurance and reinsurance companies, including the implications of risk-based capital requirements.
Mr. Sullivan repeatedly has been included in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and The Best Lawyers in America. He also was named a “BTI Client Service All-Star 2012” by The BTI Consulting Group.