Robert I. Chaskes
Recognized in:Commercial Litigation
Law School:University of Michigan Law School
Location:Three Brickell City Centre, Suite 110098 Southeast Seventh StreetMiami, FL 33131
- University of Michigan Law School, JD, graduated 1981
- Michigan State University, BA, with high honors, graduated 1978
- District of Columbia, District of Columbia State Bar
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- Maryland, Maryland State Bar
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Maryland
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- American Bar Association - Member
- The District of Columbia Bar - Member
- The Florida Bar - Member
- The Maryland Bar - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Rated
- Florida Trend's Legal Elite 2008, 2013, 2015, Listed for Commercial Litigation
- Super Lawyers Magazine 2013-2016, Listed in Florida for Business Litigation
- South Florida Legal Guide Top Lawyers 2014-2017, Listed for Corporate and Business Litigation, Class Action - Defense
- Representation of Huizenga Holdings and related entities in relation to construction defect claims, real estate disputes, and other business matters.
- Representation of DHL Express (USA), Inc. and related entities in various business disputes, including the defense of class actions pending in state and federal courts in Florida and Ohio, respectively.
- Representation of Sloppy Joe's Enterprises International, Inc. and other name brand companies, including Ryder System, Inc., in enforcement of intellectual property rights.
- Representation of the National Football League and Super Bowl Host Committee in various litigation matters.
- Enforcement of noncompete and confidentiality restrictions in connection with various business and employment relationships.
- Representation of world's largest independent provider of aircraft maintenance programs against European marketing representative in ICC arbitration hearing in Vienna, Austria.
- Representation of insurers, including Lloyd's at London syndicates, in insurance coverage litigation.
- Representation of real estate developers and brokers in defense of securities fraud and other claims.
- Prejudgment and final writs of replevin in matters involving aircraft and jet engines, citrus processing equipment, wholesale liquor inventory, commercial air conditioning equipment, and other chattels.
- Representation in defense of corporate officers and directors in relation to SEC enforcement actions and D&O liability claims.
- Representation in resolution of disputes among shareholders of closely-held corporations engaged in lodging, hospitality, healthcare, construction, and real estate development.
- Representation of national banks and other major financial institutions in various litigation matters, including commercial loan foreclosures, secondary mortgage market disputes, and lender-liability claims.
- Representation of owners and developers of real estate in connection with a variety of construction-related claims and contract disputes.
- Remington Lodging & Hospitality v. Southernmost House, Ltd., 206 So. 3d 764 (Fla. 3d DCA 2016)
- Beazley Ins. Co. v. Banerjee, et al., 2013 WL 5538714 (Fla. 4th DCA 2013)
- Cohen v. World Omni Fin. Corp., 2011 WL 1810610 (11th Cir. 2011)
- Cohen v. World Omni Fin. Corp., 2010 WL 4721294 (S.D.Fla. 2010)
- Garcia, et al. v. Santa Maria Resort, et al., 528 F. Supp. 2d 1283 (S.D. Fla. 2007)
- Galacticomm Techs. v. First Equity Corp. of Am., 751 So. 2d 1272 (Fla. 3d DCA 2000)
- In re Michael Milken and Assocs. Sec. Litig., 1993 WL 413673 (S.D.N.Y. 1993)
- Foremost Guar. Corp. v. Meritor Sav. Bank, 910 F. 2d 118 (4th Cir. 1990)
- Nichols, et al. v. Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith, et al., 706 F. Supp. 1309 (M.D. Tenn. 1989)
601 West Fifth Street, Suite 300
Los Angeles, CA 90071
1900 Sixteenth Street, Suite 1700
Denver, CO 80202
District of Columbia
District of Columbia
750 Ninth Street, NW, Suite 750
Washington, DC 20001
1875 NW Corporate Boulevard, Suite 275
Boca Raton, FL 33431
350 East Las Olas Boulevard, Suite 1600
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
50 North Laura Street, Suite 3100
Jacksonville, FL 32202
9128 Strada Place, Suite 10205
Naples, FL 34108
420 South Orange Avenue, Suite 1200
Orlando, FL 32801
251 Royal Palm Way, Suite 215
Palm Beach, FL 33480
106 East College Avenue, 12th Floor
Tallahassee, FL 32301
401 East Jackson Street, Suite 1700
Tampa, FL 33602
West Tower, Suite 1100
777 South Flagler Drive
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
71 South Wacker Drive, 46th Floor
Chicago, IL 60606
Pan-American Life Center, Suite 2200
601 Poydras Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
1160 Town Center Drive, Suite 330
Las Vegas, NV 89144
666 Fifth Avenue, 20th Floor
New York, NY 10103
700 Lavaca Street, Suite 1400
Austin, TX 78701
2001 Ross Avenue, Suite 3600
Dallas, TX 75201
1300 Post Oak Boulevard, Suite 2500
Houston, TX 77056
Weston Centre, Suite 2750
112 East Pecan Street
San Antonio, TX 78205
170 South Main Street, Suite 950
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
One South Pinckney Street, Suite 700
Madison, WI 53703