Recognized since 2013
San Francisco, California
Robert Bunzel is a Principal of the firm. He represents both plaintiffs and defendants in civil, criminal and regulatory matters such as venture finance, business and shareholder disputes, environmental and employment law, class actions, data breach and professional malpractice.
His practice has involved significant international discovery and foreign court appearances, including examinations in Zurich and Lugano through pioneering requests for civil judicial assistance to Switzerland, as well as appearing as an expert witness in the U.K. High Court on the subject of breach of fiduciary duty under California law. He has traveled to Japan, China and Taiwan to obtain evidence for American civil and criminal proceedings and has represented foreign officials in U.S. legal matters.
Mr. Bunzel has represented both for-profit and nonprofit entities and their directors, officers and shareholders in state and federal litigation and governmental investigations concerning, among other things, antitrust, finance, sports, philanthropic, real estate, technology and medical issues, including matters involving the Securities and Exchange Commission. He also has achieved recoveries for defrauded parties in Ponzi schemes.
Mr. Bunzel represents landowners, businesses and agencies in regulatory challenges and has represented clients in professional malpractice claims and fee disputes as well as in litigation involving the severance of officers, partners and shareholders. He has handled matters involving the evolving area of privacy and security breaches. One of his trials was nationally televised.
Mr. Bunzel has testified as an expert witness regarding the standard of care in business litigation and has represented many entrepreneurs in business and intellectual property disputes.
- Lawyer Page: https://www.bzbm.com/attorney/robert-h-bunzel/
- One Embarcadero Center, Suite 800
San Francisco, CA 94111
- University of California Hastings College of the Law, J.D., graduated 1981
- Harvard University, B.A. Cum Laude (English and American Literature and Language), graduated 1978
- California, The State Bar of California 12/1/1981
- American Bar Association, Committee on Environmental Litigation. - Member
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Northern California (ABTL). - Board of Directors, President (2011)
- The Fellows of The American Bar Foundation. - Member
- Bar Association of San Francisco. - Member
- San Francisco Lawyers’ Club, American Inn of Court. - President 2003-2004
- United States Supreme Court Historical Society. - Member
- Antitrust Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Business and Antitrust Litigation
- Class Action Litigation
- Environmental Law Litigation
- Financial Institution Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Labor and Employment Litigation
- Privacy and Security Breach Litigation
- Professional Malpractice Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Shareholder & Securities Disputes
- Trust And Estate Litigation
- White Collar Criminal Defense
- 1998-2022, Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review, AV Rating, 5 Stars.
- 2005-2022 Northern California Super Lawyers.
- 2013-2022, Best Lawyers.
- Appellate Practice
- Banking and Finance Law
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- Civil Rights Law
- Communications Law
- Copyright Law
- Corporate Law
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Environmental Law
- Ethics and Professional Responsibility Law
- Health Care Law
- Insurance Law
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Litigation - Patent
- Professional Malpractice Law
- Securities / Capital Markets Law
- Tax Law
- Trademark Law
- Trusts and Estates
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.