Recognized since 2007
Litigation - Labor and Employment
Litigation - Municipal
Robert D. Meyers is certified as a Civil Trial Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
Mr. Meyers has a breadth of employment litigation experience. He has defended companies and individuals before courts in Tennessee, Mississippi, Arkansas, Alabama, Texas, Georgia, Louisiana, Indiana and Virginia. He has been instrumental in assisting clients in dealing with employee medical issues including ADA, FMLA and workers' compensation concerns. Mr. Meyers also has extensive experience representing public employers in claims brought under the Title VII, § 1981 and § 1983.
Mr. Meyers is Chairman of the Shelby County Election Commission and a Peer Reviewer for “America Votes! A Guide to Modern Election Law and Voting Rights,” Second Edition 2012 ABA Section of State and Local Government Law.
While in law school, Mr. Meyers was a member of the Tennessee Law Review and president of the Student Bar Association.
Mr. Meyers is also a Certified Tennessee Supreme Court Rule 31 Mediator.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.glankler.com/attorneys/robert-d-meyers
- 6000 Poplar Avenue, Suite 400
Memphis, TN 38119
- The University of Tennessee, graduated 1986
- District of Columbia, The District of Columbia Bar
- Arkansas, Arkansas Bar Association
- Tennessee, Tennessee Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute - Chair Governmental Tort Liability Committee, 2008-
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Litigation - Municipal, Memphis (2018)
- Litigation - Municipal, Memphis (2014)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Litigation - Municipal
Representive mattersSuccessfully negotiated post-trial resolution of wage and hour overtime claim that arose in an undercover police setting
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.