Recognized since 2010
Robert Dubose graduated from Rice University magna cum laude in 1990 and Harvard Law School cum laude in 1993. He is Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Civil Appellate Law. He is a past-chair of the Appellate Section of the Houston Bar Association.
Robert handles appeals, with particular emphasis on insurance coverage, corporate governance, and commercial and contract disputes. He also works with clients and other lawyers on legal strategy before and during trial, frequently arguing the jury charge and preserving arguments for appeal.
Robert is the editor and a chapter author of the Texas Practitioner's Gudie to Civil Appeals (Texas Lawyer Books 2014). Robert also authored the book, Legal Writing for the Rewired Brain: Persuading Readers in a Paperless World (Texas Lawyer Books 2010). He is a co-author of the Texas chapter of the American Bar Association’s Appellate Practice Compendium (2012).
From 1998 to 2010 Robert taught courses at the University of Houston Law Center, including Appellate Advocacy and Insurance Appeals. He is a frequent speaker on legal writing and appellate law.
- 1844 Harvard Street
Houston, TX 77008-4342
- Harvard University , J.D., graduated 1993
- Rice University, BA, graduated 1990
- Texas, State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association Appellate Practice Section - Past Chair
- State Bar of Texas Appellate Practice Section - Council
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Appellate Practice
- Listed in Chambers Guide to America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2019-present
- Best Lawyers in America, 2010-2021
- Texas Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters, 2005-2008
- Texas Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2008-2021
CertificationsBoard Certified in Civil Appellate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.