Recognized since 2019
Bob has been practicing family law exclusively throughout Connecticut since 1983. He previously practiced in the firms of Louden, Forzani & Katz; Cummings & Lockwood; Levy & Droney, and Silver & Katz.
- Named the Best Lawyers® 2023 Family Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Hartford.
- Recognized in the area of Family Law by Best Lawyers in America (2019-2022).
- Listed in Super Lawyers (Family Law).
- Guest speaker and mock trial participant, Columbia University Department of Counseling and Clinical Psychology, Child Protection Lab (2018-2022).
- Founding member and past president, Connecticut Collaborative Divorce Group.
- Instructor - Forensics to Psychiatric Fellows Program, Institute of Living, Hartford (2010-2018).
- Court-appointed Special Master (financial matters).
- Court-appointed Special Master (custody issues).
- ABA Trial Advocacy Institute, University of Houston (2002, 2003).
- Volunteer - the Home Town Foundation Dream Ride and Dream Show benefitting the Special Olympics.
Bob resides in Avon with his wife, a lawyer and writer, and they are the proud parents of two children, both lawyers, and parents-in-law to another lawyer. Dinner table conversations are quite lively.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.lkmfamilylaw.com/lawyers/robert-b-katz
- 638 Prospect Avenue
Hartford, CT 06105
- Connecticut, Connecticut Bar
- ABA Trial Advocacy Institute - University of Houston (2002, 2003)
- Connecticut Collaborative Divorce Group. - Founding Member and Past President
- Court-Appointed Special Master - Custody Issues
- Court-Appointed Special Master - Financial Matters
- Forensics to Psychiatric Fellows Program, Institute of Living, Hartford - Instructor
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Family Law, Hartford (2023)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Family Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.