Mr. Kerr’s practice includes all facets of debtor-creditor law including representation of creditors, trustees and parties in interest in bankruptcy cases, representation of lenders in foreclosure and lender liability cases, and representation of clients in a broad array of business disputes.
Mr. Kerr has been a Certified Specialist in Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor law by the South Carolina Supreme Court since 1995. He has tried cases to verdict in State Court, Federal Court, Bankruptcy Court, and before the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals.
In addition to assisting his clients, he has served as a bankruptcy court-appointed custodial trustee for a custodial trust established for the remediation of contaminated property in the Upstate of South Carolina. Additionally, he has served as a State Court appointed Receiver for failed condominium developments on the South Carolina Coast.
- President, The James L. Petigru Chapter of the American Inns of Court (2013-2014)
- President, South Carolina Bankruptcy Law Association (2015)
- Vice President, South Carolina Bankruptcy Law Association (2014)
- Board of Directors, South Carolina Bankruptcy Law Association (1991-1993), (2000-2002) and (2010-2013).
- Member, Seminar Planning Committee, South Carolina Bankruptcy Law Association (2004).
- Member, Advisory Board, South Carolina Bankruptcy and Debtor/Creditor Specialization (1996-1998).
- Board Chairman (2004-2006) and (Board Vice Chair, 2003-2004), The Education Foundation of the Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce.
- Board Member (2004-2006) and Executive Committee Member (2004-2006), Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce.
- Leadership Trident (1994).
- Former member, Charleston Civic Forum (1994-1997).
- Board Membership, Secretary, Vice Chair and Chair, Trident Literacy Association (1989-1999).
- Vestry Member, Church of the Holy Cross, Sullivan’s Island, SC (1999-2002).