Recognized since 2020
Vancouver, British Columbia
Corporate and Commercial Litigation
Personal Injury Litigation
Robert Hodgins is a Partner in our Vancouver Office and he is the Chair of the ICBC Practice Group. He is also a member of the Construction, Insurance and Commercial Litigation Groups.
Robert’s practice is centred on motor vehicle claims, personal injury, construction, professional liability, insurance defence, and commercial litigation. He has represented a range of insurers including the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia, as well as a diverse range of clients in professional liability matters, including architects, engineers, accountants, and directors and officers. In the construction field, Robert assists clients with a variety of claims including:
- builders liens
- contract problems
- complex construction disputes
In the personal injury field, he has acted for both plaintiffs and defendants in a wide variety of claims, including catastrophic claims. He has also defended fraud and bad faith claims on behalf of insurers.
Robert has appeared as counsel in both the Supreme Court and the Court of Appeal of British Columbia, and has represented clients at mediations, arbitrations and other forms of dispute resolution.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.singleton.com/people/robert-hodgins/
- 925 West Georgia Street, Suite 1200
Vancouver, BC V6C 3L2
- University of Western Ontario, Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in History, graduated 1989
- British Columbia, British Columbia, 1994
- Canadian Defence Lawyers - Member
- Canadian Bar Association Sections in Civil Litigation, Construction and Insurance - Member
- Professional Liability and Discipline Litigation Journal: 2001 to 2008 - Editorial Board Member
- University of British Columbia, Faculty of Law – Construction Law - Adjunct Professor
- Urban Development Institute - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada™ 2023 for work in:
- Construction Law
- Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Law
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Recognized in Benchmark Canada – The Definitive Guide to Canada’s Leading Litigation Firms & Attorneys as a “Litigation Star”
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.