Recognized since 2016
Robert A. Benavente was raised in Orange County and graduated from John F. Kennedy High School in La Palma. Mr. Benavente received his Juris Doctor degree, cum laude, from Whittier Law School in 2000, where he was a member of Law Review, a Dean's List honoree, and the recipient of several merit scholarships. He is a Certified Family Law Specialist, which is a level of achievement reserved for those attorneys who have the requisite level of trial experience and have passed a special examination administered by the State Bar.
Mr. Benavente is admitted to practice law in all State and Federal Courts in California, and has practiced Family Law exclusively during his practice of law. Mr. Benavente has presented seminars on Family Law topics to the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and the Orange County Paralegals Association. Mr. Benavente has also lectured at Whittier Law School on the subject of Community Property. Mr. Benavente has been named a Super Lawyer two consecutive years as published in Super Lawyers Magazine, Los Angeles magazine, and Orange Coast magazine. He currently serves as the President of the Orange County Bar Association, Family Law Section Executive Board.
Mr. Benavente has successfully litigated numerous cases involving issues of child custody, child support, spousal support, domestic violence, fiduciary duties, complex, as well as routine, property division issues and attorney fees. In 2005, Mr. Benavente participated in a nationally-recognized Trial Advocacy program which focused extensively on the litigation of complex business matters.
Mr. Benavente was a keynote speaker at the Child Custody Practice Symposium on the topic "From Intake to Hearing" hosted by the Orange County Bar Association.Areas of Practice
- 100% Family Law
- Litigation Percentage
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Family Law, California State Bar - Board of Legal Specialization, 2007
- California, 2000
- Whittier Law School, Costa Mesa, California
- J.D. cum laude - 2000
- Honors: Law Review
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: Merit Scholarship Recipient
- Law Review: Whittier Law Review, Associate Editor, 1998 - 1999
- Speaker, Child Custody Practice Symposium on the topic "From Intake to Hearing", Family Law Section of the Orange County Bar Association, October 22, 2013
- Orange County Bar Association - Family Law Section, President, 2012 - 2013
- Orange County Bar Association - Board of Directors, Executive Board Member, 2008 - Present
- Certified Legal Specialties
- Bar Admissions
- Professional Associations and Memberships
Contact & Links
- 19762 MacArthur Boulevard, Second Floor
Irvine, CA 92612
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers - Fellow
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Family Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.