Mr. Rose is the former Chair of the Firm’s Litigation Section and former member of the Firm’s Executive Committee. His practice is devoted to Products Liability Litigation, Transportation Litigation, Personal Injury and Insurance Defense Litigation.
Products Liability Litigation
Mr. Rose has extensive experience as counsel for numerous worldwide and national pharmaceutical and medical device companies, as well as many other product manufacturers. He is counsel to a leading pharmaceutical manufacturer in many Utah lawsuits involving one of the most successful new drugs in history. He has represented various manufacturers in cases involving products including, but not limited to:
- Acetabular Components
- All Terrain Vehicles
- Artificial Shoulder and Knee Prostheses
- Automobiles and Component Parts
- Blood Products
- Breast Implants
- Cox-2 Inhibitors
- Da Vinci Surgical System
- Drilling Rigs
- Elevators, Escalators
- Ephedra, Fentanyl Patch, Fen/Phen, Trasylol, anti-depressants and many other drugs
- HRT, Hip, Shoulder and Knee Implants
- Latex Gloves
- Manufactured Homes
- Nutritional Supplements
- Pain Pumps
- Pediatric Cardio-Pulmonary Bypass Tubing
- Pedicle Screws
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Personal Watercraft
- Propane Tanks
- Spine Hardware
- Spinal Cord Stimulators
- Surgical Instruments
Mr. Rose co-authors the Product Liability Desk Reference, Utah Chapter, as well as the ABA Product Liability 50 State Survey, Utah Chapter, for both Punitive Damages and Plaintiff’s Medical Care and Treatment – Discovery and Evidentiary Issues.
Mr. Rose is a member of the Trucking Industry Defense Association and Transportation Lawyers Association and represents several national and local clients in trucking and bus accident cases.
Tort and Insurance Defense Litigation
Mr. Rose is the past President of the Utah Defense Lawyers Association and defends wrongful death and personal injury cases on behalf of several insurance companies and other large corporate clients. He recently successfully handled the largest wrongful death/personal injury case in Utah history on behalf of the owner of a Utah mine. He also has extensive experience representing insurance clients in coverage and bad faith cases and has authored publications and made presentations to other lawyers on coverage and bad faith law.
Mr. Rose co-authors the Tort Law Desk Reference, Utah Chapter.
Mr. Rose has been recognized as one of the leading lawyers for litigation in Utah by:
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business as a leading attorney in General Commercial Litigation in Utah (Band 3, 2016 edition) (Band 4, 2014-2015 editions) (Band 3, 2009-2013 editions)
- Utah Business Magazine’s “Legal Elite” in the categories of Insurance, Civil Litigation and Personal Injury (as published in Utah Business Magazine) (2005-2016 editions)
- Mountain States Super Lawyers in the category of Personal Injury Defense: Products & General (2009-2016 editions)
He also maintains an AV Preeminent (5.0) rating with Martindale-Hubbell, which is the highest rating awarded to attorneys for professional competence and ethics.