Recognized in:Construction LawEnergy Law
Law School:University of Toronto
Location:100 King Street West1 First Canadian PlaceSuite 6200, P.O. Box 50Toronto, ON M5X 1B8
- University of Toronto, J.D.
- University of Toronto, BA
- New York, New York State Bar Association
- Ontario, The Law Society of Upper Canada
- American Bar Association, Forum on the Construction Industry - Member
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers - Member
- Korean Canadian Lawyers Association - Member
- Law Society of Upper Canada - Member
- New York State Bar Association - Member
- Ontario Bar Association - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada for work in:
- Construction Law
- Energy Law
- Leading Lawyers: Energy – Corporate for Law Day
- Globe and Mail’s Report on Business Magazine (October, 2013)
- Atomic Energy of Canada Limited with respect to the design and creation of procurement documentation and construction contracts for various projects relating to the disposition and handling of nuclear waste, including the Waste Storage System (WSS), a Fuel Packaging and Storage (FPS) Building, and Retrieval and Transfer Systems and other custom equipment for the Liquid Waste Transfer and Storage (LWTS) Project at Chalk River Laboratories, as well as a Shielded Modular Above-Ground Storage (SMAGs) Building at Whiteshell Laboratories, Manitoba.
- City of Toronto with respect to the Union Station Revitalization Project, involving project structuring, RFP design and procurement advice, and development and negotiation of the Master Contract and Phase Agreement for construction and construction management services.
- Deutsche Bank Securities on the financing of the Kruger 101.2 MW Montérégie Wind Farm in Québec, and on the financing of other renewable projects.
- Dundee Industrial Solar L.P. in connection with the potential development of roof-top solar PV projects in Ontario under the OPA’s Feed-In Tariff Program.
- East Windsor Cogeneration L.P. in the negotiation of an EPC contract for the balance of plant and turbine and generating equipment supply agreements with GE and IST for the East Windsor Cogeneration Centre in Windsor, Ontario.
- Firelight Infrastructure Partners L.P. on all aspects of the acquisition of various Ontario 10 MW ground mounted solar PV projects including the Sandhurst and Rutley projects, and the development by its affiliate, Firelight Solar L.P., of rooftop solar PV facilities under the OPA’s Feed-In Tariff Program.
- Firelight Infrastructure Partners L.P. (joint venture of OPTrust and Dundee Realty) in connection with its equity financing of the 51 MW Dalhousie Mountain Wind Farm in Nova Scotia awarded under Nova Scotia Power Incorporated’s 130 MW RFP operated by RMS Energy Inc. Negotiated and finalized power purchase agreement with Nova Scotia Power Incorporated, and negotiated and finalized the turbine supply agreement and operations support agreement with GE.
- Grand Valley Wind LP in connection with the development of a shared transmission line with Samsung for the Grand Renewable Energy Park.
- Northland Power in the negotiation of the EPC Contract and TSA for the North Battleford Energy Centre in Saskatchewan, and advising with respect to potential projects in Québec.
- Ontario Ministry of Energy and the Ontario Power Authority in its Request for Proposals for 2,500 MW of New Clean Generation and Demand-side Projects for the procurement of 2,235 MW of new gas-fuelled combined cycle generating facilities in various locations throughout Ontario under the terms of the Clean Energy Supply (CES) Contract, including the development of the restricted transmission sub-zones in the evaluation model, as well as the procurement of various wind farms and renewable developments under the Renewables I RFP (395 MW) and Renewables II RFP (955 MW); and in its development, in conjunction with the IESO, of the Program Rules and associated Contract for the procurement of Demand Response under the DR3 component of the OPA’s Demand Response Program; and with respect to the procurement and contract documents for a number of infrastructure projects in the power industry, including the Oakville Generating Station by TransCanada Energy Ltd. (900 MW), various co-generation projects under the Combined Heat and Power (CHP) III Request for Proposals, and the Halton Hills Generating Station by TransCanada Energy Ltd. (600 MW).
- Pattern Energy Group LP on the power purchase agreement and interconnection requirements with Manitoba Hydro and the development and project financing of the St. Joseph Wind Farm in southern Manitoba, and on the EPC contract with Mortenson Canada Corporation.
- Rouge Valley Health System with respect to the construction of the Family Birthing Centre and the Phase II Clinic and Residence at its Centenary Site and the Enabling Works Project at the Ajax-Pickering Site.
- Signal Energy on civil works and EPC contracts for solar farms for Skypower, and wind farms and other renewable power projects in Nova Scotia, Alberta, and Ontario.
- Solar Utility Network in connection with the development of a ground mounted solar PV project portfolio in Ontario.
- South Kent Wind LP, a partnership of Samsung and Pattern, in connection with the development of a 270 MW wind project in Ontario, as well as additional partnership projects in Ontario, including the negotiation of the turbine supply agreement and balance of plant contracts.
- Target Canada on drafting various procurement, construction, and development contracts for retail developments in Canada.
- Vale Canada in connection with a number of capital projects for mining operations in Canada, including the drafting and negotiation of the procurement and related engineering, procurement and construction management agreement, and the various trade contracts, for the nickel mine, concentrator and related facilities at Voisey's Bay, Labrador, the Sudbury Atmospheric Emissions Reduction (AER) project, the Kronau potash project in Saskatchewan and logistics arrangements for the transportation of ore and other materials.
- Veresen in selected aspects of the development of the Grand Valley Wind Farm.
TransCanada Tower, Suite 2500
450 First Street, SW
Calgary, AB T2P 5H1
1055 West Hastings Street, Suite 1700
Vancouver, BC V6E 2E9
340 Albert Street, Suite 1900
Ottawa, ON K1R 7Y6
1000, rue De La Gauchetière Ouest
Montréal, QC H3B 4W5
620 Eighth Avenue, 36th Floor
New York, NY 10018