Recognized since 2021
St. Louis, Missouri
Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
Richard W. Hill III practices in the areas of health care law and corporate law, with an emphasis on regulatory defense, health care fraud and abuse compliance, corporate transactions, as well as the negotiation and drafting of various software, equipment, and professional service agreements. He advises a broad array of healthcare providers, from hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, and assisted living facilities to individual physicians, nurses, and counselors.
Rich advises clients on various health care compliance and regulatory issues, including: the False Claims Act; the Anti-Kickback Statute; the Stark Law; the Controlled Substances Act; HIPAA; Medicare and Medicaid billing and conditions of participation issues; EMTALA; Certificates of Need; and, other federal and state fraud and abuse statutes and regulations. He has experience representing health care professionals and facilities in all phases of litigation against government agencies, contractors, and licensing bodies, including: the Department of Justice; the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services; Medicare recovery audit and zone program integrity contractors; the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services; the Missouri Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs; the Missouri Board of Healing Arts; and, the Missouri Board of Nursing.
Rich is involved in every phase of the life cycle of health care entities, from the structuring and drafting of initial corporate documents, to the due diligence, negotiation, and document preparation for corporate transactions. In addition to his litigation and corporate work, Rich assists hospitals, developers of assisted living and skilled nursing facilities, and other health care providers in obtaining Certificates of Need from the Missouri Health Facilities Review Committee for the construction and/or expansion of health care facilities or the purchase of major medical equipment. He also assists these providers with the negotiation of purchase contracts for major medical equipment, and assisted a hospital client in negotiating the purchase of its first proton beam therapy machine.
Rich earned his J.D. from Saint Louis University School of Law with a concentration in health care law.
- Lawyer Page: https://www.lashlybaer.com/richard-w-hill/
- 714 Locust Street
St. Louis, MO 63101
- 20 East Main Street
Belleville, IL 62220
- Saint Louis University, J.D., graduated 2013
- Truman State University, B.S. Biology, graduated 2009
- Missouri, 2013
- American Bar Association – Health Law Section - Member
- American Health Lawyers Association - Member
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis - Member
- Missouri Society of Health Care Attorneys - Member
- Senior Living Forum - Member
- St. Louis County Bar Association - Member
- St. Louis Health Lawyers Association - Member
- The Missouri Bar - Member
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- Up & Coming, Missouri Lawyers Media, 2020
- Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law
- Health Care Law
- Health Care Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.