Richard is an Associate Counsel. He practices in the area of civil litigation with an emphasis on corporate/commercial litigation and arbitration, environmental litigation and estate and trust matters.
Richard has over 25 years’ experience as counsel before all levels of Canadian courts, including the Supreme and Federal Courts of Canada, provincial, superior and appellate courts and various administrative tribunals, such as the Canadian Transportation Agency and the Environmental Appeal Board (BC).Richard has acted as counsel on a wide variety of matters, such as contract claims, construction disputes, real estate transactions, railway matters, landlord-tenant disputes, franchise disputes, commercial arbitrations, pension plan claims, estate litigation, insurance litigation, environmental claims and intellectual property disputes.
- Member, Environmental Law and Civil Litigation Subsections, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
- Member, Vancouver Maritime Arbitrators Association
- Member, Canadian Transport Lawyers Association
- Member, Transportation Lawyers Association
- Member, Environmental Managers of British Columbia