Richard M. Borins
Recognized in:Banking and Finance Law
Law School:University of Western Ontario
Location:100 King Street West1 First Canadian PlaceSuite 6200, P.O. Box 50Toronto, ON M5X 1B8
- University of Western Ontario, BASc
- University of Western Ontario, LL.B
- Ontario, The Law Society of Upper Canada
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- Law Society of Upper Canada - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada for work in:
- Banking and Finance Law
- IFLR1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms: Bank Lending
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory: Banking & Financial Institutions
- January, 2014, acted as lead counsel to Mitel Networks Corporation and its subsidiaries in connection with its cross-border secured credit facilities in an aggregate amount of U.S.$405,000,000 the proceeds of which were used in part towards the acquisition of Aastra Telecommunications.
- January, 2014, Canadian counsel to American Tire Ltd. in connection with financing its acquisition of Hercules Tire.
- January, 2013, acted as lead Canadian counsel to eOne in connection with financing its acquisition of Alliance Atlantis.
- January, 2013, lead Canadian Counsel to Axiall Corporation in connection with its $500,000,000 ABL Credit Facility.
- Counsel to Bank of Montreal in connection with an Amended and Restated Credit Agreement for a Canadian Borrower which closed in December, 2012.
- Winnipeg Jets (acted for shareholder) in connection with financing for the new NHL franchise in 2011.
- Avis Budget Car Rental Group on all Canadian financing transactions including their Canadian rental fleet securitization program and their 2012 $150,000,000 Note Issuance.
- Canadian counsel to Bank of America in its cross-border financing of Votorantim Cement North America Inc. and St. Mary’s Cement.
- Acted for certain Canadian mining companies in connection with their multi-jurisdictional credit facilities.
- Acting for the following banks/financial institutions/lenders: Bank of America, Bank of Montreal, HSBC, JPMorgan Chase Bank, Guggenheim Corporate Funding,Royal Bank of Canada, The Bank of Nova Scotia and Wells Fargo.
TransCanada Tower, Suite 2500
450 First Street, SW
Calgary, AB T2P 5H1
1055 West Hastings Street, Suite 1700
Vancouver, BC V6E 2E9
340 Albert Street, Suite 1900
Ottawa, ON K1R 7Y6
1000, rue De La Gauchetière Ouest
Montréal, QC H3B 4W5
620 Eighth Avenue, 36th Floor
New York, NY 10018